Okay well I'm going to The Philippines next month, and I want to bring my gear with me (Gibson Les Paul Standard, and Orange rockerverb 30 combo) but I had just realized that the plugs they have there are different than here in Canada.

Is there any gadget or some kind of transformer that would make it usable there? Also, would it somehow overload my amp?
yeah, u can get plug adaptors that change it from Canadian region to what ever the hell region phillipines is. Just go into any electrical store and you'll find them.
How long are you going for ? if its not that long, I wouldn't bring them, and I wouldn't trust those adapters either

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
if you get an adapter, spring for a name brand one. you don't want to fry your amp because you tried to save 15 bucks and got a bad transformer.
Quote by Blaster Bob
if you get an adapter, spring for a name brand one. you don't want to fry your amp because you tried to save 15 bucks and got a bad transformer.

+1 Make sure it is a big, bulky, reliable one that can handle however many watts/volts/etc. your amp has.
Some places might try to sell you a little one for a toaster or something, but seek out a big one that is like the size of the whole outlet box.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
As far as I know, most of the Phillipines operates on 220V, 60Hz, though there are some areas that operate on 110V. The plugs are the same 3-prong style used in the US and Canada.

The Rockerverb 30 has a voltage level switch. It should work if you just flip the switch to 230V.
Quote by amp_surgeon
As far as I know, most of the Phillipines operates on 220V, 60Hz, though there are some areas that operate on 110V. The plugs are the same 3-prong style used in the US and Canada.

The Rockerverb 30 has a voltage level switch. It should work if you just flip the switch to 230V.

what he said.

also, is it a gig you're going to? coz if not, i would rather not bring it there. but if you really must bring it, keep in mind the temperature. its a lot warmer and more humid there compared to Canada.
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
The phillipines uses just about every type of electricity known to man. They use 100v, 110v, 120v, 210v, 220v, 230v, and 240v depending on where you are at. Some areas use 60hz and some use 50hz but the hz isn't goimg to matter much for your equipment.

If you don't know exactly which electricity type you are going to deal with, then you need to get a step up step down transformer that can be adjusted to convert several types of electricity.
Not taking any online orders.