ive been playing for 5months now and im pretty confident with my picking and im gettin some fast songs down, so i wanna learn some solos, just dont know where to start or look.

so whats some relatively easy solos to learn?

p.s ive got an epiphone SG 310.

cheers.
anything by metallica? what? I can play Stairway to heaven through and through, but I cant touch most of the solos pre Black Album, with some exceptions.
Kirk's solos are all pretty much the same, so once you got when, you can get them all. Just... um.. keep trying.

And Beatles' Let It Be is easy as hell

Edit: If you want Metallica, try One. All the fast parts are pretty simple tapping, and the rest is easy
Last edited by Shaharz at May 21, 2008,
Well first of all, he didnt do the Kill em all solos, secondly thats like saying well, Yngwe Malmsteen is easy all is pretty much the same, once you know Far beyond the sun you know em all.

Okay, thats far more difficult, but Kirks solo's are no more similar than any other famous guitarists solos, so lay back with the Kirk hating for now thanks

(personally I see few similarities between for example creeping death, Dyers Eve, Unforgiven and Hero of the day)
Quote by visionen
Well first of all, he didnt do the Kill em all solos, secondly thats like saying well, Yngwe Malmsteen is easy all is pretty much the same, once you know Far beyond the sun you know em all.

Okay, thats far more difficult, but Kirks solo's are no more similar than any other famous guitarists solos, so lay back with the Kirk hating for now thanks

Never said I hate him :P
I know, but I hate the instant generalizations that come up every time Kirk's solos are brought up =)
Saying all Kirk's solos are the same is like saying all BMW's are the same. They're similar because they all come from the same source, but by no means whatsoever are they "the same".
Exactly, thank you. Bay by the way, as I said before, ironically he is probably alot more diverse than most guitarists, spanning metal solos such as Creeping Death and Dyers Eve, and blues solos such as Here of the Day, Rock solos such as Unforgiven etc.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Saying all Kirk's solos are the same is like saying all BMW's are the same. They're similar because they all come from the same source, but by no means whatsoever are they "the same".

Ok, ok. I'm a bassist. Don't kill me
smells like teen spirit
Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster (Sunburst)
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
People saying Kirk's solos aren't that good or that Kirk himself isn't that good is just part of this crap where people want others to think that they're good by saying things like "Metallica solos are all easy". Being capable of playing a solo isn't just what makes you a good guitarist, it's actually better to be able to play a slow solo flawlessly than to be able to play a fast solo with a few mistakes.

I even see people picking out faults and flaws with such greats as petrucci and satriani, and putting emphasis on those flaws just so they can make it seem as though they're as good as those guys. I'm sure many people on here can play faster than Kirk, and I'm sure many people on here can do other certain things better than Kirk, but to be honest they're probably not as good guitarists as Kirk. Largely because they don't realise that skill on the guitar or any other instrument is about your musical ability overall.

People just love to hate, it's as simple as that. They especially love to hate those that are better than them. It's sad but true (excuse the pun).

Quote by Shaharz
Ok, ok. I'm a bassist. Don't kill me

So am I dude, it's no excuse.
Oh, come on ><
I never said kirk isn't a good player. I think he is amazing and I wish I could play like him. Really. And I never said the similarity between solo's is a bad thing either. I mean, all Maiden solos sound like Maiden solos, and they are all awsome.

So give me a ****ing break =\

Edit: Oh, and the speed thing - I don't give a **** about speed. Slash isn't that fast and he is still amazing.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
People saying Kirk's solos aren't that good or that Kirk himself isn't that good is just part of this crap where people want others to think that they're good by saying things like "Metallica solos are all easy". Being capable of playing a solo isn't just what makes you a good guitarist, it's actually better to be able to play a slow solo flawlessly than to be able to play a fast solo with a few mistakes.

I even see people picking out faults and flaws with such greats as petrucci and satriani, and putting emphasis on those flaws just so they can make it seem as though they're as good as those guys. I'm sure many people on here can play faster than Kirk, and I'm sure many people on here can do other certain things better than Kirk, but to be honest they're probably not as good guitarists as Kirk. Largely because they don't realise that skill on the guitar or any other instrument is about your musical ability overall.

People just love to hate, it's as simple as that. They especially love to hate those that are better than them. It's sad but true (excuse the pun).

So am I dude, it's no excuse.

This man speaks the truth. People will do anything to flame SOMEONE here.

On topic - Nothing Else Matters-Metallica and the first Knocking On Heaven's Door solo are good and easy.
Quote by Shaharz
Oh, come on ><
I never said kirk isn't a good player. I think he is amazing and I wish I could play like him. Really. And I never said the similarity between solo's is a bad thing either. I mean, all Maiden solos sound like Maiden solos, and they are all awsome.

So give me a ****ing break =\

Edit: Oh, and the speed thing - I don't give a **** about speed. Slash isn't that fast and he is still amazing.

Saying that all his solos are the same just isn't true though, and by saying that you're forcing your ignorance onto us. In general, having all your solos sounding the same is a bad thing (though there are many exceptions). So by saying that all his solos are the same, you're most likely to mean that as a bad thing, as you didn't actually say whether or not you think that way. It would have been a good idea to do so, so you can only expect a reaction like this when you accuse someone of possessing a trait that's most likely bad.

And regarding speed, I never actually said that you mentioned it, I was just using it as an example to get my point across. Besides, I was referring to people claiming solos to be easy just because they are playable, as if being capable of playing a solo is all there is to it.
Last edited by AVA_Plus44_182 at May 21, 2008,
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Saying that all his solos are the same just isn't true though, and by saying that you're forcing your ignorance onto us. In general, having all your solos sounding the same is a bad thing (though there are many exceptions). So by saying that all his solos are the same, you're most likely to mean that as a bad thing, as you didn't actually say whether or not you think that way. It would have been a good idea to do so, so you can only expect a reaction like this when you accuse someone of possessing a trait that's most likely bad.

And regarding speed, I never actually said that you mentioned it, I was just using it as an example to get my point across. Besides, I was referring to people claiming solos to be easy just because they are playable, as if being capable of playing a solo is all there is to it.

Enough. One more response to this argument and this thread gets reported. Just help TS.
megadeth's shewolf has an awesome solo which is easy to play
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.