Fightin'!

I really like "dancing in the moonlight" and "dedication."

I don't know why, but every time I listen to Thin Lizzy I get a very nostalgic feeling.
I LOVE that band.

Cowboy Song
Still In Love With You
The Rocker
Whiskey In The Jar
Jailbreak
Chinatown
Bad Reputation

They have a lot of great songs.
i really like suicide and jailbreak
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Thin Lizzy

We get some good tribute bands for them around here.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
"Great band ,Live and dangerous is one of the best albums ever."

Agreed - wore that one out as a kid. Great songs & guitar tones on that album. I've read that much of 'Live' & Dangerous was recorded in a studio, but it doesn't matter. 'Still In Love With You' from the live album one of the great guitar solos ever! Also love the harmony guitar work they did.

KC
Thin Lizzy is great...very underrated/mostly forgotten band in the US, despite being pretty big into the 80s
They're huge here.

There's a life-sized statue of Phil Lynott off Grafton St. (famous street in Dublin).
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Phill-Rock
They're huge here.

There's a life-sized statue of Phil Lynott off Grafton St. (famous street in Dublin).

I wish they got some more recognition over here in usa. I mean, you hear "The Boys Are Back In Town" every second so they should get more noticed...
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
Quote by Rounder01
I wish they got some more recognition over here in usa. I mean, you hear "The Boys Are Back In Town" every second so they should get more noticed...

yeah....also metallica's cover of "whiskey in the jar" won a grammy

U2 covered them too.

in '89 they were pretty big...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhycbtHfGP4
Best Ever band, they are so underrated. I have made it my mission to get all their albums. Just need the earlier ones now.
Down from the Glen came the Marching Men
With their sheilds and their swords
To fight the fight they believed to be right
Overthrow the overlords...
Yeahh, i think Dancin' in the moonlight has an awsome bassline

Thin Lizzy are quite underappreciated, they came up with these brilliant riffs and songs. Then most of them aren't that famous.

I much prefer Thin Lizzy's Whiskey in the Jar than Metallica's version. I didn't find out they were from Ireland since quite recently.

We're just dancing
We're just hugging,singing, screaming, kissing, tugging
On the sleeve of how it used to be
They're my favourite, favourite band. I wish people knew more songs by them than Boys are Back, cause it's definitely not their best. It is a wonderful feel-good song though, I listen to it when I'm driving with the windows rolled down ...and Dancing in the Moonlight. My all-time favourite by them is the live version of Still in Love with You, when Gary Moore eats your face with his guitar.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Love Thin Lizzy, man. "Cowboy Song," "Waitin' for an Alibi," "Rosalie,"... never gets old. Harmonized guitars FTW!
They are great,love their Whiskey in the jar(personally, I think it' s a better version than metallica's)
Phhhhhiiiiiilll!

Love that fucker.

They have songs for every occasion. You get yourself a girl or you out with the boys or your just feelin' good in general they have songs for that.

Your girl leaves you or your feeling down you can just flip the record over an' weep like a willow.
Still in Love with you from Live and dangerous has my favourite solo ever on it, it's amazing.

Has anyone else seen the reformed band? I've seen them twice and their actually really good. Theres no substitute for Phil obviously but John Sykes does quite a good job of singing.
Down from the Glen came the Marching Men
With their sheilds and their swords
To fight the fight they believed to be right
Overthrow the overlords...
Yeah with Phil Lynott they were pretty much the greatest band ever.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.