i'm looking at getting a multifx pedal boards. either a Line 6 Live X3 unit or perhaps a TC Electronic Nova multifx system? perhaps something else? not so sure. I'm looking for real quality and a variety of sounds. not interested in amp modelling. not really willing to pay all the moolah for a TC g-system for eg, but yeah something a bit cheaper would be good.
any issues with either the line 6 or TC units? which would be better?
cheers
i have a BOSS GT3 up for sale. it's in great condition, just takes a while to learn how to use all the features.

if you're interested go ahead and send me a message.
Ibanez RG5EX1
Epiphone SG-400

Line 6 Spider II 112 - 75w

Monster
BOSS
Dunlop

Well,

Personally I dislike the line 6 systems. Becouse somhow i never get the sound out of it that want to achieve en when i eventually do it sounds as flat as hell. I've used the Boss ME-50 a while it quite a cheap thing but using a 190$ Boss was more fun than using a 400 $ Pod.

Never heard a TC Electronic board though.

succes
Quote by Shakalum
i have a BOSS GT3 up for sale. it's in great condition, just takes a while to learn how to use all the features.

if you're interested go ahead and send me a message.

i dont actually know much about this pedal, what can it do etc?
It all depends on what effects you want from your multiFX and how you intend to run it in the rig. If you are looking for stuff that likes to sit in the FX Loop, delays, reverbs, modulations and pitch then TC electronics gear is perfect. If you are looking at a setup that will give you overdrives and distortion and wahs which will sound better into the amps front end then Boss and line6 will work nice. The line6 pod x3 is primarily about the modelling although it does include many great effects ranging from the basics to the weird and wonderfull. Still whatever, you want to play these units as the quality and sy=tyle of each effect will change from company to company.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
im looking for fx that will primarily be in the fx loop. not interested in distorts or overdrives as my amp will handle that. im just pretty much talking delays, phasers, flangers, tremolos and whatnot, all the basics. and real quality is what im after. and i know the nova is good, and i deffo dont want a rack-mounted unit
a TC Electronics rack unit is probably the best you can get in terms of guitar multi effects.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I'm looking at getting the Nova System too. It's meant to be a G major in a pedal with some extras
This is a good demo
Last edited by Horlicks at May 22, 2008,
ahh yeah that might be worth looking into, hopefully they fixed all the problems the G-System has.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i reckon i'll end up getting the nova. sounds like a bit of a pain to set up but once thats done itll be worth it methinks. plus itll be better than the X3