Hey guys!
I'm about to buy an ec1000 online, my guitar doesn't have them, so I wont be able to try before I buy.
So I basically need all the opinions I can get from everyone who owns/ has experience with this guitar.
Im gonna go fr the one with the SD's. I play alot of metal. I also play rock and blues. And alot of Vai, Satch and Andy Timmons.
So all opinions are welcome.
Thanks again UG!
Quote by sdmf.1919
Hey guys!
I'm about to buy an ec1000 online, my guitar doesn't have them, so I wont be able to try before I buy.
So I basically need all the opinions I can get from everyone who owns/ has experience with this guitar.
Im gonna go fr the one with the SD's. I play alot of metal. I also play rock and blues. And alot of Vai, Satch and Andy Timmons.
So all opinions are welcome.
Thanks again UG!

... What?

The LTD EC1000 in Amber Sunburst with SD's (I think) is a very good guitar. It's like a Les Paul but a bit more tailored for metal with the thinner neck, 24 frets and a tad larger cutaway for better fret access. Great guitar, general quality of these guitars is awesome! The huge amount of abalone is a bit gay and overkill in my opinion, but hey, it's one good guitar and flashy while at it.

EDIT: Regarding versatility and tones, it's a very versatile guitar no doubt. But if you're worrying about sounds and such, you should have a good amp to cover those tones.
Yeah, im happy with my current sound, current guitar actually sounds really good, an ibanez with evo's, its just the feel of it i dislike.
Thanks though
Any more feedback would be good.
Have you tried using the search bar? You'll probably find loads of threads concerning the LTD EC1000 and how awesome it is.
Its a great guitar. really fantastic quality. I had the version with seymour duncans in it and i played metal though i didn't like the Duncan JB in it. i replaced it with an irongear hammerhead for more chunk.

it is a very versatile guitar. If you like les pauls and want quality you cannot go wrong with such an instrument. the necks are quite thin as well which i like.
I find the search bar to be really unhelpful.
I typed ec1000 there and found nothing relative.
Well i can afford a pickup replacement at the price im getting it at. I was thinking maybe bareknuckle pickups if i do?
pickup swap? why? JB an 59 can't be beat for a rock/blues/metal guitar really can they?
Think about the EMG's too. They are much more versatile than the haters say they are.
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Quote by 123-Trav
Think about the EMG's too. They are much more versatile than the haters say they are.

with a decent amp yes, but not with SS
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless