Okay,

I want to buy my first half stack. Right now its a toss up between the Peavy 6505 or the Mesa Boogie Duel Rectifier. If any one has played either one can you let me know the Pros and Cons of each one so i can decide.

please please please please, go test a 5150 III. Its an amp that will make you want to forget those 2.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Recto is better, but not by much (see other thread). I have both, and surprisingly, they sound almost exactly alike. The Recto has slightly more grunt and punch. My 6505 was $800 USD as a customer return. I got my used, mint-condition, Single-Recto for $900 USD. Used Dual-Rectos go from anywhere from $900-$1,200 USD (about the same price as a new 6505). Of course, this is in the States. Europe and elsewhere, both Mesa and Peavey amps are much more expensive.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Last edited by LEVEL4 at May 21, 2008,
I recently bought a brand new 6505 head for $830.00 on sale. I have loved it. The gain on this amp is amazing and the cleans aren't as bad as most people make them out to be. I am not saying you can get fender cleans, but you can get a nice clean.

Chris