Poll: Which one is better ?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one is better ?
Squier Strat
8 21%
Epiphone SG
30 79%
Voters: 38.
My friend ask me : Which one is better squier strat or epiphone sg ?

Me : Umm... why don't you ask everyone at UG ?

My friend : Alright then, you'll post and I'll count Ok?

Me : ...Ok
^...having a bonfire? also:WHAT squier and WHAT epi? more details please...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
whichever style you like more
Gear

Epiphone les paul Standard (sunburst)

Crate Vintage Club 50

Ibanez TS9 (Turbo Version?)

Alvarez Jumbo Acoustic
I'm most likely gonna say Epiphone on that one, but hey, comes down to personal preference.
Ibanez.

End Of Thread.
Your light bulb knows everything you do in your room.
Id say the epiphone, even though squier and epiphone are both divisions of the big companies, epiphone is usually made with higher quality.
Definitely Epiphone, the new Squiers' build quality these days is pretty poor (im talking about the 'Affinity' series, made in China). Get an Epi, change the pickups and get a setup, and you got yourself a pretty decent guitar.
For the low range I would recommend an Ibanez of some kind. Or a cheap Hagstrom.
@ TS: Dude, answer the questions we asked, or this poll is worthless.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Epiphone SG, assuming you mean the G-400, the most popular model. They're good, straight-up standard guitars that you can happily take gigging, and basically the only reasons they're so cheap are 1) it says Epiphone not Gibson, 2) SGs are just inherently cheap guitars. A G-400 matches in quality any les Paul, archtop or Stratocaster that is twice the price.

On the other hand, the Squiers are... meh. They're not bad, but they just don't scream value like the G-400 does. With the G-400, you're getting more than you pay for. With the Squier Standard Strat (again, the most popular model), you're getting exactly what you pay for. You're in no way being ripped off, but you're not getting an amazing bargin either. Especially when you consider things like the Yamaha Pacifica series that beats Squier's quality ****less for the same price, the Squiers just seem... dull.

Suffice to say, I just traded my Squier Strat in for an Epiphone G-400.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I am pretty sure he is talking about the special model...I dont think he would compare the g-400 with a squier...I would say squier if it is the special (also depending on which squier) and the sg if you are talking about the g-400 comparing to any squier.

you cant really expect a real answer to that question since you arent specific to which model at all...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
yea if it's the squier strat and the sg special, my vote's for the squier. it'd definitely not the G400, or he will be comparing it with some "high-end" squier...like the jagmaster or the vintage modified ones, which aren't too shabby. but rather expensive.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab