yes...ok

do you think some bands and artists compose in such obscure genres (avant metal, crazy fusion jazz metal) because they can't compose well enough in another genre?

and do you think some guitarist dont solo because they cant write good enough solos?

(Edit: notice the use of the word "some")
Quote by roksta101
yes...ok

do you think some bands and artists compose in such obscure genres (avant metal, crazy fusion jazz metal) because they can't compose well enough in another genre?

No. I think they do so because they actually know what they're doing, unlike most rock musicians that just stick to the same old formula.

and do you think some guitarist dont solo because they cant write good enough solos?

some, yes.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
If a band can compose the genres you mentioned I don't think they'd have much trouble with anything else
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
in answer to question 1... maybe , but theres nothing wrong in looking at other genres to inspire you to do something original...but if you cant compose well , then its gonna show, no matter what crazy hybrid genre you dream up

question 2. yeah im sure, but again thats fine - if soloing aint your thing then why try when there are so many great soloists out there? Better to concentrate on being a kickass rhythm player - those guys deserve just as much respect as shredders
Quote by roksta101

Yes, and I respect that more than some shitty generic solo in every single song.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by homair
If a band can compose the genres you mentioned I don't think they'd have much trouble with anything else

What he said.

I doubt it anyway. I compose what I like, and I'd imagine everyone else does the same.

Also, the only way you can be limited is by having too little technique...if you possess the ability to play and compose fusions jazz, you could sure as hell belt out a few power chords in a punk band.
Generally certain styles aren't always down to a fully deliberate decision. A mix of influences is most often the reason for fusions of styles.
Quote by Deagle-Eyes
Jazz Metal¿ Wtf. How about inventing reggae metal, flamenco metal, and ethnic african metal?

I'm pretty sure those exist.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by Deagle-Eyes
how about inventing.....reggae metal

Skindred did this.

As did Dub War before them.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
because these bands who make up these new genres are original and do not want to do what everyone else and their mother is doing by creating another metalcore band.
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
nile's more egyptian esc, hence all the pharoh and egyptian symbols on there merch and in their lyrics.