Well, here's new song, or rather, abomination, from me, and as the title says, this is an experimental song full of 'wtf?', and I think you will have that 'wtf is this ****?' feeling most of the song . If you thought my previous works were random riffs stitched together, well then, this could be compared to as the Frankenstein monster . But srsly, this song has a little bit of everything, from symphonic, black, power, speed, prog, jazz, hell, even techno . One e-cookie to anyone who can name the genre .

Well, enough chitchat, and on with the song! Tell me what you think, like it, hate it, despise it, whatever! And as all my works, C4C!
Attachments:
Moonstruck.zip
wtf is this?

sorry had to do it...

anyhoo,
this sounds a little like something you'd hear in a dungeon of a pokemon-esk game...

that said it's actually really well put together, i personally really enjoyed listening to it, well done.

Experimental is definitely the word to describe this...

My attempt at pining it to a genre...

SuperHappyMultiSoundAllInOneWithHintsOfOldNintendoGameSoundtrack-Core

It's a mouthful but I'm happy with it
this song is pretty incredible. as far as genre I would say : Progressive Electronica Metal
I really didn't have alot of wtf in my head though, I listen to a decent amount of prog kinda stuff and appreciate all of the random riff changes lol....good work!

Check out my band! Endeavor

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster (little 59')
Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Sennheiser EW 172 Wireless
Carvin 6 space rack
Yup that was like wtf but i liked it =]
We aRe aLL iNsAnE,It'S JuSt ThAt SoMe Of uS CoNcEaL It bEtTeR ThAn OtHeRs !!!!
Eh. Not really a "Wtf" song.
Just sounds like you threw a couple of genres together with some bad dissonant stuff.

It's not a bad song, but it's really not "wtf" worthy.
Just sounds like you mixed Progressive and Power Metal for the most.

~Loki <3
~ Please Crit One Of My Songs? ~
~_My_Song_Threads_~

Quote by IndieLee
The_Bass_Poet, I want your babies.
Shredder XXX: the hell? core? didn't see that coming.... and nice genre name. spell it out loud fast 10x in a row and the cookie is yours (provided you hadn't bit your tongue first )

The_Bass_Poet: ah, fine then, it's not a wtf song .... anyway, I had lots of wtf moments writing this though . it still is a strange song, though, right? right? .... right?

Btw, thanks for the crit, guys. Do you guys have anything that wants to be critted back?
This song is just sweet.
I love this kind of random music. Its so original. And lots of contras, which is very good.
Its so interestiong to listen to cause you never know whats coming next.
Very well done dude, and if you wanna crit back, do my latest pls.
Nintendocore is just right for this song, but in the best possible way I liked it, it was very well put together, My fav bits were the electric guitar, esp when it first came in, and the acousticy break in the middle, esp the bass.
Edit, as I'm critting as I listen - WHOA bar 104 + .. did NOT see that coming, pretty cool though. And definitely Nintendo. I can't give this a /10 rating though, as it doesn't seem like the kinda song that could be played on stage, which is how I usually rate these.
Sorry about that man, xD

It's good.
But not "wtf".
It's too well organized and 'sounding-good-together' [Shuddup I'm tired]

~Loki <3
~ Please Crit One Of My Songs? ~
~_My_Song_Threads_~

Quote by IndieLee
The_Bass_Poet, I want your babies.
this sounded really sweet. not much I didn't like. some cool mood changes in there as well. riffs are cool. everything fits together nicely. I liked the use of wah on the guitar. cool riffs follow.

I'll just stop there. It's pretty much all awesome.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
I had to return a crit and I didn't feel like listening to 26 minutes of song. so I bumped this one.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
well that was bloody immense. :///
it was funky, heavy, computerized, i really don't know one word to some it up lol.
Man..It's not "wtf" thingy man..it's great.. The intro sounds dark and it changes into metal stuff..nice mixing..and I love the "heartbeat thingy"..I like the transition from bar 58 to 60...and guitar 2 at bar 68..it's hard to hear... i think u should make it more audible....and the guitar 2 at bar 83 is not necessary.. It completely destroys the mood.. i think so.....the bass is really nice... i think you have good skills on guitar as your guitar parts are really nice.. The thing I hated most is the electronic sounds that come between good guitar parts...I really hate it.. ok..I'll give it 7.5/10
You really need another crit?
Anyway, while this wouldn't be something I'd normally listen to (I grew out of listening to VG Music a bit ago :P ) but it definitely took some skill to write, but I can't help but feel that you've been walking a fine line between 'dissonant' and 'some dude randomly typing numbers in a program' with the dissonance. You definitely pulled it off, but barely. Definitely, you're a good composer. 8/10
Lol, I actually didn't asked for a crit lol, but thanks anyway . Just exercising free crit. It's what this forum desperately need lol.

Lol, you caught me on the dissonant part. Yeah, typing random numbers into GP is what I do best .

Anyway, I'd prefer if you critted "Into Fantasy" instead, but that's kinda my fault now, eh, for not specifying? Thanks m8!

Definitely an experimental/prog-nintendocore piece.
It's not full blown avant-garde, but it definitely is odd.

It's actually pretty solid.
The dissonance works pretty well.
Chance music is actually a form of composing.
Aleatoric music is the technical term. It basically means that there is a general structure, but all the details are left up to [your] random [will].

If you want "wtf" or just plain irritating, listen to my ''creepypasta'' song. Better yet, look for some good creepypasta and listen to it in the background.
Whoever doesn't praise this song should be shot. Nah, its just I can't imagine how long this must've taken you to write . It sounds like a classical black thrash electronicacore metal or something. Lets just leave it at experimental.
Most of it worked very well, you seem to be a pro at writing songs. It certainly does have that rpg game music effect, especially bars 60 and onwards for a while, the heavy bass having this effect. Its surprising how well you can make synth work with a guitar solo .
I really liked the plunge into the metal part at bar 128, sounded awesome. Really good work.
Quote by huevos

Chance music is actually a form of composing.
Aleatoric music is the technical term. It basically means that there is a general structure, but all the details are left up to [your] random [will].

If you want "wtf" or just plain irritating, listen to my ''creepypasta'' song. Better yet, look for some good creepypasta and listen to it in the background.

Ah, so there is a name for something like this. Well, I wouldn't necessarily say that mine is aleatoric, but I just learned about its existence today, so fuck me lol.

I'd listen and crit yours, if only it's not in .tux . I'd even settle for a MIDI, as a matter of fact .

Quote by salamander121
Whoever doesn't praise this song should be shot. Nah, its just I can't imagine how long this must've taken you to write . It sounds like a classical black thrash electronicacore metal or something. Lets just leave it at experimental.
Most of it worked very well, you seem to be a pro at writing songs. It certainly does have that rpg game music effect, especially bars 60 and onwards for a while, the heavy bass having this effect. Its surprising how well you can make synth work with a guitar solo .
I really liked the plunge into the metal part at bar 128, sounded awesome. Really good work.

Whoa, really? Is this that good? Thanks, man!

Well, actually, if memory serves me right, this took less than 10 hours, quite a short time for me (yes, I'm a slow writer). It might be longer, but all I remember is that I was only playing around with this when I'm bored . I'm certainly not pro, maybe everything just click by sheer luck lol, since half of the time I didn't even knew what I was making (not really lol). I was just kinda having this image (sound ) in my head about "clash of genres" and this is what came out .

Thanks, guys!
Quote by MarchOfEternity
. One e-cookie to anyone who can name the genre .

Experimental metal?
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
I loved every part of this song
EXCEPT the generic metal parts
****, get this shit off of UG. I can't find a single tab with out "melodic" or "metal" in the title. Make some real music guys. Please.
Gear
MIM Stratocaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickups
VOX Valvetronix AD15
BOSS Blues Driver
VOX V847 Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by ..NEM..
Experimental metal?

One e-cookie to you, good sir . Though, we've kinda already established that fact a bit of a long time ago .

Quote by ealtdharkon
...carnivalcore?

Errr, lol wut? Carnival wtf?

Quote by dream{M}theater
I loved every part of this song
EXCEPT the generic metal parts
****, get this shit off of UG. I can't find a single tab with out "melodic" or "metal" in the title. Make some real music guys. Please.

At least I tried making it different... well.... sorta . Btw, I was trying to make something Yngwie-ish, and not necessarily trying something original, so sorry for the "generic" part . And I've never said that this was "melodic" or "metal," either; at least for as far as I could recall...
Quote by MarchOfEternity
One e-cookie to you, good sir . Though, we've kinda already established that fact a bit of a long time ago .

Dammit, like the first guy who replied said that.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
OMG!!!!!!!!! Im in awe!!! That was the single greatest tthing ever to grazre my ears. I hate techno, but the techno part was amazing. I also like the Jazz break. Check my song too (Jazz Death)
Hmmm, very random, almost computerized sounding. Couldn't quite get through the whole thing, I like having a melodic or rhythmic point of reference, which this lacked. Not a bad thing, though, I suppose you could say this song kicked my ass, just not in the way I expected heh.

Wanna crit mine? It's not quite as experimental but definitely has some techno/trance...
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1103530
Kurzweil K2500xs