Hey there I am working on Battle Of The Bands at my high school next year. My band plays heavy metal. And so far everyone has everything set up except me and my friend Johnny. I am lead, and he is Rhythm. I got this stuff...

Guitar- GibsonExplorer (w/ EMG 81/85)
Amp- *This is something I am looking for please any high-gain amps that dont cost so much please tel me some great ones!*
-And all this stuff is working & connected with monster cables.

Johnny's setup is....
Guitar- ? not sure he said he was getting a new one....
Amp- Randall G300 Head w/ cab (I think thats about right it is the 300, or the 150)

But we will work on this stuff. But does anyone know any songs that we should do? I mean we were going to open with paranoid, by Black Sabbath. And then play some of our songs, but for one last song we want a great crowd-pleaser. Anyone got any ideas? I mean what songs (other than Freebird haha) would actually ensure a 1st place!! That's the goal. as is for everyone there probably. We got a few extra guitars for the tunings. Our guitars are tuned to.... E Standard, C Standard, Full-step down, and occasionally Drop D, or Drop C. Thanks!
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
Bloodhound Gang, fo sho. I saw a Children of Bodom-style black/symphometal band cover them a while back, with octave bass and the lot, awesome.
Amp- Randall G300 Head w/ cab (I think thats about right it is the 300, or the 150)

its the G3 and its either 300w or 150w. i have the 150, nice and crunchy. i love it.

how many songs do you guys get? what do you like to play?
i could use a little more info
For the amp, look into a Carvin V3, not too expensive and has high gain.
For the closer, Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast, epic win!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Is this a battle of the bands you have a hope of winning or one where the 'in' band is going to win? Either way you wan't to finish by crushing all the male balls in the room and punching the ovaries of all the women. Think fast, loud and crushing.
Well we play metal. And about the ball crushing, and ovary hitting. Damn straight. I play fast as hell, and I can play cleanly too so it helps me out a lot in terms of melody. think. Whispering a prayer by Steve Vai, clam and melodic, and then he solos and goes crazy. Like me. Think "Kill Em All" album by, Metallica.
Where can I buy a Carvin V3?
Raining Blood. all the guitar hero kids at the school will recognize it and worship you.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by What_is_my_name
Where can I buy a Carvin V3?

Direct from carvin is the cheapest way

www.carvin.com
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!