Page 1 of 5
Obviously, every great (by great I mean most powerful, richest, most influential, biggest army, etc.) civilization has fallen and gave way to the next. I'm no history buff so I could use some help here.
What are some of the great civilizations in history and why did they fall?

I assume this info would be useful in hypothesizing when the US will fall. I could be wrong though.

When will America fall and why? Also, fall could mean anything; another great depression, being taken over etc. Just tell me what you think.

By the way, this kind of reminds me of the movie Red Dawn. Anyone a fan?

I'm apologizing in advance for my post being scatter-brained and possibly rambling.
USA will destroy itself, we dont need to help them do it
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Well I believe they're already falling. The dollar is kind of crashing and all.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

it kinda already has began to fall look at the economy lately. that just might be the begining of the end right there.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
The usa will 'fall' as soon as we officially merge our borders and currency with canada and mexico, forming the North American Union. Ever seen the trans-texas corridor?
When the Federal Reserve Bank finally gains full control of America and then ushers in it's one world nation policies. It's already begun and it's been going on for a long time.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Last edited by ValoRhoads at May 21, 2008,
USA is just a hype, wait five years and you won't hear anyone talk about it anymore.
Quote by numinis
USA is just a hype, wait five years and you won't hear anyone talk about it anymore.

huh?
America won't fall soon,all this crysis talks are just acover while russia,USA, and other oil rich countries manipulate world's oil stocks
Quote by CorvetteRick
Soon nobody is going to buy American items (specifically cars), they'll only buy Jap stuff, causing the U.S. unemployment rate to skyrocket. Japan will become the world superpower and America will become a third world country and will take Canada down with it. 50-100 years tops

MIJs will be more sought after than MIAs
Quote by numinis

LOLLLLL!!!
It`s sad but true.
Quote by ValoRhoads
When the Federal Reserve Bank final gains full control of America and then ushers in it's one world nation policies. It's already begun and it's been going on for a long time.

Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Vagabond21
When will America fall?
it won't.

/ thread.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Its pretty much true that every great nation eventually falls from the top. I'm guessing that in the USA's case it will be an economic decline. But to be fair its had a good 100 year run.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
I heard that all democracies have only lasted for about 300 years. Thats ahundred years left for US

for other contries that failed. There was the Roman Empire and the greek empire i think
A falling dollar is hardly barbarians at the gates.

I think the US will truly fall when some crackpot commie/fundamentalist theist gets hold of nukes.

In terms of being the world's Economic superpower, I'd give china 15 years to catch up, militarily, 30.

edit: British empire fell, Japanese empire fell, Spanish, French, Dutch, and Portugese empires fell, the Third Reich fell.
Quote by soulflyV
Quote by Xplozive
Once I was pissing in the kitchen sink when I'd had a few and my friend walked in and goes wtf.

Once I was pissing in my friend when a few had I'd and my sink wtf goes in and walked.
Last edited by plastercaster at May 21, 2008,
I will be glad when china passes us up in everything, take some of the attention off us. Maybe everybody will hate china then instead of us.
David St. Hubbins: Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported.
- Spinal Tap
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
it won't.

/ thread.

I'd like to agree with you but hasn't every other "great civilization"?

For example, Rome
The US is heading into a recession because they (virtually) don't have any natural resources or a manufacturing industry. Their major car manufacturers (traditionally a somewhat significant proportion of GDP) have been posting massive profit downturns of late and these are ultimately unsustainable. America's finance and retail sectors are where it's at at the moment, but as the country heads into recession, household spending will fall crashing the retail sector, and the country will withdraw from it's #1 status. Unless the president goes crazy and decides to take over the Middle East for oil interests..... oh wait...
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

Quote by the dave
yeah man I put my hand up their skirt and pick em up like a six pack

Quote by Death_switch
mr bill0ws is right
Quote by Jako215
for other contries that failed. There was the Roman Empire and the greek empire i think

Persians
Greeks
Romans
Mongols
India
China
Britain
Spain
Holland
France

etc etc

Plenty of nations have dominated the world
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
well England are gonna dominate the earth like we did before we got all soft and gave loads of people there own countries back

America will start a war with us due to our sexy nature

and obviously we will win because we have much better army

and we shall rule!!

YAY ENGLAND

also the world will be called England
Quote by wiggy1988
Persians
Greeks
Romans
Mongols
India
China
Britain
Spain
Holland
France

etc etc

Plenty of nations have dominated the world

Wtf? lol I never knew that
Tomorrow. Yup. Gutted for you Americans.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
I've been talking 'bout this,
if you look at it then every great civilisation as fallen to an attacking minority.
eg. Romans=goths
eg. Middle eastern
Oh no

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Quote by plastercaster

In terms of being the world's Economic superpower, I'd give china 15 years to catch up, militarily, 30.

I'd say its already surpassed the USA, it might not have the most technologically advanced army but in terms of sheer numbers the USA wouldn't stand a chance
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by Vagabond21

The Dutch were a major trading and imperial power well into the 1700's they were pretty damn powerful, then they discovered weed and they generally decided to chill
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by monkey_dancer
Tomorrow. Yup. Gutted for you Americans.

::starts stockpiling ammunition, food, and water::

You'll never take me alive!
It's strange that the USA has become the dominant world power, because most of the previous mega-powers have been based around empires, like the romans, mongolians, persians, british etc, whereas the US is pretty much a centralized nation (with the exception of hawaii and alaska). The US is still relatively young, so i give it a couple of hundred years yet, although when it does fall it'll take the rest of the world's economy with it.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by a6l6e6x1
well England are gonna dominate the earth like we did before we got all soft and gave loads of people there own countries back

America will start a war with us due to our sexy nature

and obviously we will win because we have much better army

and we shall rule!!

YAY ENGLAND

also the world will be called England

Ha! Come up here and say that
Quote by wiggy1988
The Dutch were a major trading and imperial power well into the 1700's they were pretty damn powerful, then they discovered weed and they generally decided to chill

These Hollandeese er Hollish, Hollandarian......... crap

These people from Holland sound cool.
THE END OF THE WORLD WILL COME WHEN WALMART, McDONALDS, AND STARBUCKS COMBINE TO FORM McWALBUCKS...ITS AT THAT POINT THAT ALL THE RELATIVELY SMALL CORPORATIONS OR LESS ECONOMICALLY IMPORTANT PLACES(such as target kmart wendys BK and small cofee huts) WILL JOIN FORCES. THEN, BOTH SIDES WILL START BUYING COUNTRIES AND CONTINENTS, AND THEN WEAPONS STARTING A NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST TO END THE EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

or..ya know...we'll be hit by antoher meteor or some ****...either way its bad-ass

gear:
line 6 spider valve 212
ibanez RG5EX1
vinci VE5PK
Quote by Vagabond21

Me neither.. but.. probably they did..

I think by Spain..
It`s sad but true.
we'll go to war with england and were bringin our dentists with us lol
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
About 7 years or so, itll be by china, north korea and russia(they are currently preparing for war). I can't wait man, its going to be great!!!
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Silly People...

Everyone KNOWS the Earths gonna collapse on itself tomorrow...

IMO America'll fall when it's economy and all other attributes do...
BUT on the other hand - no one can predict the demise of a nation...
Page 1 of 5