Ok I'm stuck watching vh1 totally 80's( I know what the F**K) and that monkey song by george ( i love glory holes) micheals is on. What I was thinking was this, while watching this video the crowd is all chicks and here is this guy as queer as a three dollar bill, and there drooling over him. Conversely, you watch any live metal video and its guys in tight leather bare chest or its spinal tap with the cucumber down one side with an all (predominantly male) male crowd. In headbangers journey Dee Snyder said a psychologist should look into this. I know when i go to a concert or watch videos I am listening to the music or in this case watching very cool metal videos. whats your thoughts
be the psychologist, and explain this phenomena. I mean chicks know that micheals is a homo but they drool over him
Because girls don't care.
They see a hot guy and go "OMGOMGOMG WANT WANT WANT"
At metal gigs, unless it's a female vocalist, 99% of the crowd (ie: anyone who isn't gay or a female) will be staring up and going "THIS MUSIC IS AWESOME" rather than "OMG WANG"
Last edited by Magero at May 21, 2008,
The only metal band this could probably apply to is Manowar or Priest maybe but honestly Dee Snider knows dick all about metal. Glam Rock is not Metal. Girls like gay guys cause they can't have them and this guy specifically because he makes soft easy music. I hate to say it,but most girls don't have time in the busy schedule doing their hair and talking about boys to get into metal, not trying to sound sexist but there sure as hell aren't allot of women who dig metal. It's usually a 15-1 ratio from what I've experienced. But it works ,as less woman equals more basement grind time.

EDit: What the guy above me said as well.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Riffmast
The only metal band this could probably apply to is Manowar or Priest maybe but honestly Dee Snider knows dick all about metal. Glam Rock is not Metal. Girls like gay guys cause they can't have them and this guy specifically because he makes soft easy music. I hate to say it,but most girls don't have time in the busy schedule doing their hair and talking about boys to get into metal, not trying to sound sexist but there sure as hell aren't allot of women who dig metal. It's usually a 15-1 ratio from what I've experienced. But it works ,as less woman equals more basement grind time.

EDit: What the guy above me said as well.

90% of your post needs to go back to the 50's.
I'm sorry for the ludeness of my post but it's sadly true were i live. This is all based on my own personal experience with the girls I've grown up with and such and the metal scene were i live(were women are scarce).In my highschool their are maybe 4-5 girls that would break this stereotype of hair ,car, and boys being primary motives.And woman who are genuinely interested in metal and can actually have a conversation about are few and far between. I respect women and i have a lot of female friend but metal is not something that the female gender seem open to for the most part. of course their are always anomalies.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Magero
At metal gigs, unless it's a female vocalist, 99% of the crowd (ie: anyone who isn't gay or a female) will be staring up and going "THIS MUSIC IS AWESOME" rather than "OMG WANG"
vgg