Hey guys,

Ive have this custom telecaster that im building, Ill upload pics when im all done .... Ok its kind of a standard telecaster in that it has the 2 pickups, lipstick and bridge.

What I would like to do is is put in a 2way switch that one way is the pickups in a series, and one in a parallel circuit. I know its is possible because ive seen people do it with jazz basses but, how will it sound in a tele?

It is to my understanding that the way parallel circuit sounds is like a humbucker but since they are so far apart, im guessing a dark sound.

I was really hoping to upload some circuits that ive made (in paint) but cant seem to get them in here... im new, but just to see if im on the right track.

Is there any links, advice, pictures or info from any of you?
'85 Fender Reissue '75 Jazz Bass ---> Ashdown MAG300h
Schecter C/SH-1 ---> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by Phishead42
Hey guys,

Ive have this custom telecaster that im building, Ill upload pics when im all done .... Ok its kind of a standard telecaster in that it has the 2 pickups, lipstick and bridge.

What I would like to do is is put in a 2way switch that one way is the pickups in a series, and one in a parallel circuit. I know its is possible because ive seen people do it with jazz basses
If you do it properly, you can wire a DPDT minitoggle so in one position the pickup selector
will choose between neck / both parallel / bridge
and in the other position you'll have both in series regardless of the position of the selector.

Quote by Phishead42
but, how will it sound in a tele? It is to my understanding that the way parallel circuit sounds is like a humbucker but since they are so far apart, im guessing a dark sound.
The dark sound is from the increased inductance of the pickups being in series.
HBs sound brighter when they're in parallel and darker when they're in series.

Quote by Phishead42
I was really hoping to upload some circuits that ive made (in paint) but cant seem to get them in here... im new, but just to see if im on the right track.
get an account at one of the free photo sites like photobucket.
upload the drawings to that account then hot-link them to your posts.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
What do you mean DPDT minitoggle? Can you give me an example or link?
'85 Fender Reissue '75 Jazz Bass ---> Ashdown MAG300h
Schecter C/SH-1 ---> Fender Hot Rod Deluxe