Page 1 of 2
http://news.aol.co.uk/database-plan-to-bug-phones-email/article/20080519231209990008

"
Ministers are to consider plans for a giant database of electronic information.
The computer system would hold details of every phone call and email sent in the UK, The Times newspaper reported.
The information would be passed to the Government by internet service providers and telephone companies.
The plans are at a very early stage, but are being considered for inclusion in the draft Communications Bill to be published later this year, the Home Office confirmed.
"

wow this country ****s me off, what are your opinions on this?
+
with this we're 1 step closer to geoge orwell's 1984, marvelous.
England, in 25 years we will be where china is now, and its about 50 behind north korea.

id love to hear your opinions on this.

Ciaran
Wont happen

And if it does im starting a milita and starting a coup d'eta with like minded individuals that are fed up with the way this country is going

Whos with me bitches?
Quote by Donaldguitar
I heard that there's more CCTV in London than in the whole US.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

anyway, it's been posted already and my view hasn't changed. it won't happen.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by *Juno*
Wont happen

And if it does im starting a milita and starting a coup d'eta with like minded individuals that are fed up with the way this country is going

Whos with me bitches?

If you are serious, then you bet your fucking ass I'm with you.
Quote by Campbell_x50
http://news.aol.co.uk/database-plan-to-bug-phones-email/article/20080519231209990008

"
Ministers are to consider plans for a giant database of electronic information.
The computer system would hold details of every phone call and email sent in the UK, The Times newspaper reported.
The information would be passed to the Government by internet service providers and telephone companies.
The plans are at a very early stage, but are being considered for inclusion in the draft Communications Bill to be published later this year, the Home Office confirmed.
"

wow this country ****s me off, what are your opinions on this?
+
with this we're 1 step closer to geoge orwell's 1984, marvelous.
England, in 25 years we will be where china is now, and its about 50 behind north korea.

id love to hear your opinions on this.

Ciaran

Those states are totalitarian(?), but the problem with britain nowadays is the way information is used by the government, whereas in china/korea it's more about opression of anti-government ideas.

That's not to say that the same won't happen to us.

Edit:
Also, i'm in with the militia idea.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Last edited by sg255 at May 21, 2008,
Quote by Sol9989
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

anyway, it's been posted already and my view hasn't changed. it won't happen.

This.

Anyone who tells me 1984 is happening can fuck off and go re-read the book; they got it all wrong, not to mention the book is now out of context.
I don't think they have a hope in hell of getting this bill through. The government is so weak at the moment they'd need Conservative support (which they won't get) and to force it through the Lords before the next general election (probably too soon for them to use the Parliament Act)
Quote by sg255
Those states are totalitarian(?), but the problem with britain nowadays is the way information is used by the government, whereas in china/korea it's more about opression of anti-government ideas.

Precisely!

It won't and can't happen to us, anyone who knows history will know that.
Quote by *Juno*
Wont happen

Whos with me bitches?

I'll ride a boat all the way to the UK to join your stuggle.
Quote by *Juno*
Wont happen

Whos with me bitches?

Or mediation for paranoia, one of the two.

Until they repress my speech I know I'm fine.
Quote by Donaldguitar

I think its per capita, but yeah.

oooo wrap your head around this....from 2003-2007 EVERY phone call to and from the US was monitered by AT&T in San Franciso by request of the President.

The excuse was getting warrents for wire-taps would tip off the people being watched(even though the courts and proceedings would be seceret durring the life of the warrent!)

FU*K I'M ANGRY!
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Quote by plucky duck

oooo wrap your head around this....from 2003-2007 EVERY phone call to and from the US was monitered by AT&T in San Franciso by request of the President.

The excuse was getting warrents for wire-taps would tip off the people being watched(even though the courts and proceedings would be seceret durring the life of the warrent!)

FU*K I'M ANGRY!

Proof that the US have bigger problems.

Nothing can get past the UK Government without the people knowing with the exception of propaganda which is hard to sell these days.
Hey you know the spate of government information loss last year? Did anyone else have their details go missing in the post? I got a letter from the MOD saying I did.
I think it's ridiculous, but I'm not too bothered 'cause there's no way that's ever gonna get approved I'm sure. Even if it did, the backlash from the public would be immense
Quote by *Juno*
Wont happen

Whos with me bitches?

Count me in.

Ridiculous idea, in every conceivable way.
Quote by Aramis
If you are serious, then you bet your fucking ass I'm with you.

*puts on aviator shades, whilst chewing on a cocktail stick*
Let's do this.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by chocolateman900
I think it's ridiculous, but I'm not too bothered 'cause there's no way that's ever gonna get approved I'm sure. Even if it did, the backlash from the public would be immense

Don't be so sure. I find the attitude of many people is "I'm not doing anything wrong, so I have nothing to worry about."

Quote by Benjamin Franklin
Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

Wise words.
Quote by Donaldguitar

I think we have around 5 million cctv cameras in the UK...
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by plucky duck

How would that work?

But the UK does have more CCTV than any other country. 4.2 Million Cameras.
Quote by Craigo
Proof that the US have bigger problems.

Nothing can get past the UK Government without the people knowing with the exception of propaganda which is hard to sell these days.

thats cause you have a parliment commons members are constantly at eachothers throat on parliment floor. its beautiful.

99% of our legislation is done in small committies where no one fights because if they do they will be politically ham-strung for years.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
Quote by plucky duck
thats cause you have a parliment commons members are constantly at eachothers throat on parliment floor. its beautiful.

99% of our legislation is done in small committies where no one fights because if they do they will be politically ham-strung for years.

As it should be.

Don't get us wrong though; we do have an efficient Government as a large majority of the seats are given to the winning party, so it's not done proportionally.

Anyway, having opposition in the commons is fantastic; they can shred the light and pressurise who are actually in power for benefit of the people, as it should be.
Quote by Craigo
As it should be.

Don't get us wrong though; we do have an efficient Government as a large majority of the seats are given to the winning party, so it's not done proportionally.

Anyway, having opposition in the commons is fantastic; they can shred the light and pressurise who are actually in power for benefit of the people, as it should be.

top this...over here congressman (our equivalent to commons) make their own voting districts. in other words they get to pick who votes for them. congressmen have a 95% or better, re-election rate.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99

Quote by niggafolife
Who cares?

I'm not going to be planning terrorist attacks soon, so I don't have anything to worry about.

True, they might listen in on some arguments and some saucy conversations, but it's not like they'll know me, and it's not like they're going to remember it.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by plucky duck

Don't the corporations lobby and influence government for financial gain at the expense of the common citizen?
Quote by doggy_hat
Don't the corporations lobby and influence government for financial gain at the expense of the common citizen?

yep, but you would need many congressmen or senators to influence the body, unless you get committee chairmen in your pocket, they could influence re-writes of bills or log-jam bills, killing a bill that would be against your cause.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99

Quote by niggafolife
Quote by rabidguitarist
Who cares?

I'm not going to be planning terrorist attacks soon, so I don't have anything to worry about.

True, they might listen in on some arguments and some saucy conversations, but it's not like they'll know me, and it's not like they're going to remember it.

My point is proven.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Who cares?

Who cares? Anyone who likes their civil rights and rights to privacy maybe?

The government shouldn't be able to treat everyone in the country like potential terrorists.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Quote by Donaldguitar

Hmm, yeah. Wow, maybe, not. Seeing as we don't have the Patriot Act. But you're from Switzerland, the most paranoid and defensive nation on Earth. /slight exaggeration.

This won't happen, Gordon knows how hated he his now, he cannot be that stupid and introduce what is effectively Patriot Act UK. But, maybe he is. There will be so much protest that it really wont' happen.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by rabidguitarist
Who cares?

http://www.icdc.com/~paulwolf/cointelpro/churchfinalreportIIIb.htm

Enjoy having this kind of **** happen.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by smb
Hey you know the spate of government information loss last year? Did anyone else have their details go missing in the post? I got a letter from the MOD saying I did.

Yes.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by *Juno*
Wont happen

Whos with me bitches?

if this ever happens while i live in th uk you can count me in
Viva la Revolution!
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by plucky duck
top this...over here congressman (our equivalent to commons) make their own voting districts. in other words they get to pick who votes for them. congressmen have a 95% or better, re-election rate.

Firstly, that should happen as US is much, much larger than the UK.

The UK have local district councils, who make relevant laws and spending which is relevant to the area, and the national Parliament who do all the national stuff. Two separate elections for each. The elected local elected MPs are often in the commons to give their share to represent the people.
Ridiculous. What a travesty.

Oh, if you're serious about the militia idea,

then you have my sword.
Page 1 of 2