Here's the backside. Which screws should I tighten to lower the bridge back?

Another question, those 2 screws at the left....notice how one of them is more screwed in? Should I adjust the other one to make it even?

the bridge
Well for a Floyd Rose is wouldn't matter much if they're perfectly even, as long as the difference isn't too great.

I'm not sure about your bridge though. It seems to me that the springs in the back are pulling the bridge back too far. If this is the case, loosen the 2 screws on the backside, and keep them as even as possible. (Yet again, they don't need to be done perfectly)

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

This thread isn't about a Floyd Rose, I dont have one on my guitar.
well to me it looks as if the bridge posts are too high as well try screwing them down because i dont think the screws in the back need any adjustment
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Ok I screwed those 2 posts on the frontside all the way down and the bridge is still a bit raised. I can see an opening. Is it supposed to be on the body completely?
no,its ment to run parallel
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Are you trying to change it to a set tremolo or just get it setup correctly whilst floating?
Uhhh, I just read that a raised bridge was a bad thing and I'm trying to fix it. Not sure if I understand you. The bridge got raised somehow and I don't remember why.
you need it so that its at an 180 degree angle flat but not touching the wood with say a gap inbetween the wood and tremelo so you can whammy up and down
Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's an Ibanez SA bridge, It's kind of a floating 2-point strat bridge, which means it needs to go parallel with the body. you need to loosen those 2 "not even" screws on the back, tune back to your wanted tuning, until you balance the bridge plate flush with the body.

edit:
just saw a few photos of some SA120's, it looks like you don't need a bridge balance. can you take other shots from other angles?
strat player forever.
Last edited by GuitarBoy-IL at May 21, 2008,
I loosened those two bridge posts because I got a lot of fret buzz. Now it's kinda raised again, and I have fret buzz.

-_-
Quote by GuitarBoy-IL
it's an Ibanez SA bridge, It's kind of a floating 2-point strat bridge, which means it needs to go parallel with the body. you need to loosen those 2 "not even" screws on the back, tune back to your wanted tuning, until you balance the bridge plate flush with the body.

edit:
just saw a few photos of some SA120's, it looks like you don't need a bridge balance. can you take other shots from other angles?

which angles do you want?

And you mean from the bridge right?
Quote by MPM12
which angles do you want?

And you mean from the bridge right?

yeah. pics similar to the second one, but a bit higher so we can see the front of the body in a small angle.
strat player forever.
Last edited by GuitarBoy-IL at May 21, 2008,
Okay, here's the deal: Posts will very rarely need to be screwed down all the way because too low action will make your strings rattle against the fretboard at all times, perhaps even rest on the frets when still.

And you need to tighten the screws in the back, not loosen them. The baseplate should be parallel while yours sticks its arse up a little.

However, as long as it's only a little bit raised, like yours is, you will not experience any significant instabilities (unless you test it under lab conditions).
pikka bird, it's not the bridge plate that's sticking, those are the saddles. the bridge seems pretty parallel to me:
strat player forever.
Quote by MPM12
^you havent read the entire thread.

Yes I have. You said you screwed the post down, and you shouldn't have done that.
Quote by GuitarBoy-IL
pikka bird, it's not the bridge plate that's sticking, those are the saddles. the bridge seems pretty parallel to me:

It does stick out. You drew those lines wrong. I said it wasn't bad, and it isn't. It's only very slightly off, so I forgive you.

...Besides, if I'd been looking at the saddles, then I wouldn't have said that the ass-end was sticking out.
yeah i know but look at the structure of the bridge: the plate sits higher than the body unlike usual strat style bridges, so it has to be higher than the body, look at the photo again...

edit:
on 2nd thought the angle confused me a bit: it is a bit sticking but it's not critical, the intonation won't be too much off, just a little fix with the saddles.
strat player forever.
I know what I'm seeing and I'm telling you, that bridge baseplate is not parallel to the face of the guitar, but it's not very obvious, and should not be any sort of problem.

Also, Strat bridges are not flush with the body either...

Come to think of it- which guitar is this? It looks like something recent from Ibanez's SA-series.
^read my edit
i know they are not flush, but it depends how you set them up.

about the guitar, i wrote earlier, seems like an SA120.
strat player forever.
...or an SA160, but I believe those are identical except that the 160 is an H-S-S dealio.

So, to summarize, can we agree that this trem has no balance problem, provided that the action and intonation is set properly?
yup
btw, i believe it's an SA120 by the color. the SA160 are transparent with flamed maple top.
strat player forever.
The ones on the Danish market are currently available in sunburst and pitch black like the souls of a thousand MCR fans. I believe there may have been "pretty" versions of it in the past, but I think they all had the old SA trem with the intonation screws going through the rear of the bent baseplate.

Edit: You're thinking of this one, right (edit2: on second thought, maybe not, because that's a 260, and those are currently available here. Perhaps this one then, but that's quilted and not flamed. What a labyrinth... And what a long parenthesis)? These are the ones we get in Denmark today.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at May 21, 2008,
i think the first one
but im not sure about the flamed\quilted, it's been a while since i played one haha
strat player forever.