Page 1 of 6
Ok, i apologise for forgetting to do this thread.

The Jam 5 backing track is available for download here-
http://ug-jams.dmusic.com/

Not the Example BT, you need the one called Jam 5 Backing Track.

Basic rules as always, everybody download it and record a jam over 1 loop of it. Send the entries to ug-jams@hotmail.co.uk and we will find somebody without a social life to string them all together.

They usually go together in order of entry, so if you want to be near the start, get going.

Shall we say entries by the end of next weekend? Is that Sunday the 1st of June?

Cool

the track is in E major (or C#m if you want to think of it like that)
E, B, C#m, E, A, C#m, E, B
I - V - vi - I - IV - vi - I - V
Last edited by branny1982 at May 22, 2008,
For the first time I'll do one.

My parents are out of town and i have this entire week to record whatever i want cuz i have the computer and an empty house to make as much noise as i want.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I'm in!

Edit: Ok, it wont let me download. I click download on dmusic, and it goes into a quicktime thing on the internet and plays it there. I need to get it on to my itunes, then transfer it to Audacity, etc...
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Last edited by bluesrocker101 at May 21, 2008,
i might try this

it really depends on if i can get out to the guitar store to buy the equipment to get my guitar hooked up to my computer

my second question

if i jam to it will it be added even if it is no that good? i just want to tyr for fun. also both my electrics are really messed up but i will try to get one going for this. we'll see what happens but cool

third

i agree with the regulars jamming i always see them speaking the thoery but some of them i havn't heard play. i have however heard some great stuff on some of your guys profiles.
song stuck in my head today

Quote by bluesrocker101
I'm in!

Edit: Ok, it wont let me download. I click download on dmusic, and it goes into a quicktime thing on the internet and plays it there. I need to get it on to my itunes, then transfer it to Audacity, etc...

exactly. except my browser just freezes every time I get the quicktime update thing.
Quote by bluesrocker101
I'm in!

Yes, I have a solo pretty much designed in my head but I'm confronted with this problem as well. Any fix, Branny?
Quote by bluesrocker101
I'm in!

Y'Know the download button? Right-click it and click on "save target as" and find a spot on your computer to save the .mp3 and then import it to itunes. easy as pie (i don't get that expression but yeah)
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
i was wrong i have the same problem and i don't have a right click

Ok if you can't right click it and save it just tell me and i'll email it to you (if you give me your email).

lbc_sublime: i could do that for you and anyone else that has the same problem.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I got it working.
Quote by lbc_sublime
i was wrong i have the same problem and i don't have a right click

How do you not have a right-click?
Quote by ouchies
Wait this is an improv jam right?

Yes, but ideas are floating in my head after looking at the progression.
Ahh, what are you guys talking about, it's not cheesy! Awsum. I love the bass. Bum bum bum bum. It sounds very "inspirational", for lack of a better word.

Can't wait to try it out.

Maybe you guys wanna talk a bit more in depth about tones and such, maybe we can assign who gets distortion or who gets cleans and such? Or is it not necessary?
Quote by lbc_sublime
i might try this

it really depends on if i can get out to the guitar store to buy the equipment to get my guitar hooked up to my computer

my second question

if i jam to it will it be added even if it is no that good? i just want to tyr for fun. also both my electrics are really messed up but i will try to get one going for this. we'll see what happens but cool

third

i agree with the regulars jamming i always see them speaking the thoery but some of them i havn't heard play. i have however heard some great stuff on some of your guys profiles.

To your question: it doesn't matter how good it is, it'll be put in there. mine's not gonna be good either so don't feel bad.

^Yeah, how do you not have a right-click?

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I got it working.

How do you not have a right-click?

i have a mac only one button

So, do you want me to email it to you?

and you (one vision) cuz both of you said you couldn't get it.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by :-D
As do I. Hold down "Control" and click.

i c thank you very much i have just got it kast monthand always had a pc but love it!!!!
EDIT so i don't kow all the little things lol

anyways i will ask now do you use garage band? and if so how do i import a mp3 from itunes?

Quote by lbc_sublime
i c thank you very much i have just got it kast monthand always had a pc but love it!!!!

anyways i will ask now do you use garage band? and if so how do i import a mp3 from itunes?

I'm a recently converted PC to Mac user as well, and I haven't the slightest idea about anything relating to GarageBand. I am clueless when it comes to that program.
Quote by :-D
I'm a recently converted PC to Mac user as well, and I haven't the slightest idea about anything relating to GarageBand. I am clueless when it comes to that program.

what do you use to record then?

Quote by metal4all
So, do you want me to email it to you?

and you (one vision) cuz both of you said you couldn't get it.

yes i do please i still can't get it to work

Edit i figured out the garage band if anyone does care you just drag it into a track on it

Last edited by lbc_sublime at May 21, 2008,
Quote by lbc_sublime

To import an mp3 into Garageband, just drag it into the window from your desktop. If you want to record, first choose what input device your using in your preferences, and then click track > new track> real instrument track. Then just hit record (the red button).
Quote by Mayano
To import an mp3 into Garageband, just drag it into the window from your desktop. If you want to record, first choose what input device your using in your preferences, and then click track > new track> real instrument track. Then just hit record (the red button).

thank you i kinda figured it out though everything on a mac is just drag and click

i kept searching the menu's and then realized evrything is 1 botton drag and click