Well, I've been tapping a lot lately and checking all the lessons and so on, so I'm sure my technique isn't totally stupid, however on my main bass (Yamaha TRB1005), my tapping sound is pretty muddy.. It's weird because on my other bass (Yamaha RBX374) it's a whole lot cleaner.. So I thought I might need some kind of adjustment made to my bass.

Any help?
use the other bass instead?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
You need to get a Compressor, will make it sounds way better quickly, but yeah, new strings will help
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Play around with the equalizer. I think more treble/mid works for tapping.
TBK ||RIP
BBAS||RIP
50RR||RIP
AO|| RIP
WMW||RIP
SF||RIP
SMB||RIP
TS||RIP

HYW
I'm not sure of your situation but an adjustment to the bridge or neck may help.
For tapping you need to use the bridge pickup and boost the treble leaving the bass at zero. You might need to cut the bass a little but probably not. That should work. If that doesn't work its probably strings. I like elixirs.
I recommend new strings, look into Elixir, DR, and Rotosound. They're the three names commonly associated with high-end bass strings. That's my first guess at your problem. Next, if you know anyone/anywhere that has a compressor, run your bass through the amp clean and then with the compressor on (while tapping) and see if you notice a significant difference.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.