Does anybody think bands should wait a few months after releasing their album before they start touring?

I find that I enjoy the shows more when I've been listening to the songs for ages, rather than I having bought the album a week before the show.

Anybody else share this view?
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
I really hate when a band comes out with a new record, but I haven't been following them much so I don't know, and then I go to see them and I don't know one song.

Anyway, I agree with you for the most part.
The touring is good promotion, they create a hype around themselves and as a result they get people to check out their CD.
Well i agree with you on that. But alot of times bands take a year off of concerts to record and they are prob itching to go play live. and alot of pressure from record lables to tour. also what if the album sucks? haha could always tour right away before people find out it sucks.
Quote by DustyBassist7
also what if the album sucks? haha could always tour right away before people find out it sucks.

That's thinking outside the box.

I don't really mind when a band tours, just as long as they come to Pittsburgh!!
It's kinda rare to see alot of acts here but it is getting better.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ValoRhoads
That's thinking outside the box.

I don't really mind when a band tours, just as long as they come to Pittsburgh!!
It's kinda rare to see alot of acts here but it is getting better.

I luvz ur Anti-Flag.

I went to see them ages after the album release and it was awesum.
I want to see them 1 month after the new album, it was amazing, but not as good.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
well in the UK, by the time the new album has been released, its a good couple of months before the band get here
so cant really complain there
Quote by guitarist41
I luvz ur Anti-Flag.

I went to see them ages after the album release and it was awesum.
I want to see them 1 month after the new album, it was amazing, but not as good.

When I saw anti-flag the concert was populated with 12 year old, goth/punk hottopic kids getting rides from their moms in minivans. It sucked so much that I fell asleep in a moshpit.