so im thihnking about getting a guitar. my options are schecter hellraiser, mick thomson ibanez, and the Kerry King Signature Wartribe guitar. the only thing is my band plays hard rock, some metal, some grunge, but mainly mainstream hard rock. sothe thing is im wondering how weird it would be to play nirvana or something with a freaky looking BC Rich. i mean i guess it would be cool playing disturbed and stuff btu when we go play nirvana and such i think it would be weird with a mean looking guitar. although there always is the option of using my other guitar for those songs, which isnt as nice though. any opinions?
Have you tried out any of those guitars in person?

Out of those, I would get the Schecter Hellraiser. Looks the most normal one and has great specs for the money. With the new EMG TW (I think) with coil taps, you can get more versatility and cover more tones.
yeah i tried them all i like them all, i really would buy the BC Rich one cause i love the way it looks but wouldnt that look weird if im not playing anything but really heavy stuff?. i dont know the hellraiser does seem to be a better option because i have the TW
Also...why are two of those guitars someone elses signature axe? I would wholeheartedly recommend the Schecter....they are road warriors for sure and I get many more complements on my Tempset than or old guitarist ever got for his BC Rich Bich
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Dude who cares how you look. If you like it and can play it, go for it. BTW get the schecter.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Dude who cares how you look. If you like it and can play it, go for it. BTW get the schecter.

+1
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
the guitarist in iron maiden use strats..........
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
nah i dont care how i look, playing matters most...so this guitar is really good to play ive played it but the only thing the would creep me out is what it would look liek playing light songs on stage haha. i guess the schecter is a better option though
dude, get the hellraiser. I have an 07 hellraiser avenger and its the best thing thats ever happened to me
Quote by xXa7Xx
dude, get the hellraiser. I have an 07 hellraiser avenger and its the best thing thats ever happened to me

Surely birth is quite important?
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Schecters are great guitars, I love mine. But I'll admit I'm a bit biased towards B.C. Rich, as I just cannot stand the way those look(not every one), too pointy for my taste.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Okay, I'm going to be the first to say this, but if I had to chose, I'd got for the MTM (Mick Thomson) Ibanez.

Okay, it'll need to be seup again to accomodate for standard tuning, but I love the sustain and the pikcups on this guitar, it can sound really agressive, or if you want it too, very subtle, and it can be rock 'n roll brash as well if that's what you are looking for.

Overall, I'd say it's about as versatile as the Schecter, sounds better (imho) and it looks about as subtle (as in standard superstrat shape).
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
only problem with the ibanez MTM is im not good without the fret dots. only problem with the BC Rich is that it honestly probably would look awkward playing anything other than metal, and only problem with the schecter...well i cant think of any haha...except i think its slightly not as good as the MTM but its extremely close and its alot less cheaper. i might ge tthe version without the floyd rose (700 compare dto liek 850) because i dont liek whammys much.
Yeah...do you really want that stupid inlay on the ibanez?? I dunno....I guess I'm biased to the Schecter as I love mine. You could probably get a better ibanez for the price though, without paying for Mick Thompsons name on it. What kind of music do you typically play and what amp. I feel dumb for not asking that earlier
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
i do alot of covers in my band whichi is still in the making. hard rock, some metal, grunge, alternative-metal. you know like disturbed, metallica, nirvana, and stuff liek that. a requirement is i want EMG's. i dont care i love them. i want to get into hardcore screamo stuff eventually one day. my amp is Line 6 Spider 2 75 watt and then next one will be a line6 spider3 halfstack. im not sur eabout the MT ibanez. so the schecter might be a goo doption cause i have the versaitility id need for my band right? but im still tmepted to the bc rich.
Dude my criteria on my last guitar was EMG's also. I went with the Schecterooski and i can't be happier. I would seriously look into those. There is a model that comes with the Seymour Duncan blackouts too!
yeah damn its either gonna be schecter hellraiser or kerry king bc rich its donw to those 2 now. i just cant imagine playing liek nirvana with a bc rich pointy guitar though haha.
I would ultimately suggest the Hellraiser then. Although, I think I played an Ibanez S series and was "wowed" by that. Why a Kerry King sig, exactly? I can't stand the thought of having a signature on my guitar... unless it's actually been signed, but... that's just me.