Page 1 of 2
WHat is the best Guitar i can get for £1500, i have a preference to les paul style guitars, i am thinking of just buying a Les Paul standard but thought id ask about before hand just incase. Cheers.
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco Sunburst
Laney VC-15
You could get a PRS, but personally I think they're a tad... wanky.

Hamer do some lovely singlecuts. Maybe you should check out a couple of them.

TIME

...I've created my own time signature. Geddit?

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Like most UGers upon seeing your sig, I say GET A NEW KILLER AMP. With £1500, you can get a killer amp with ownage tone.

But if not.... +1 to Horlicks's recommendation or get a custom guitar from Legra.
Carvin custom?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
A tremelo arm wouldn't really be necessary. The music I prefer is guns n roses, the rolling stones, the stone roses, some johnny cash and the doors.
I would get an amp but I've just bought my fender amp and I wanna keep it for a while at least.
Laney VC-15
PRS Cu22 or Cu24.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Quote by Mwoit
Like most UGers upon seeing your sig, I say GET A NEW KILLER AMP. With £1500, you can get a killer amp with ownage tone.

But if not.... +1 to Horlicks's recommendation or get a custom guitar from Legra.

agreed. either save a bit of money and get something like a tokai/edwards, or else go all out and get a legra custom or similar.

or get a new amp if your current amp sucks (and then get the tokai/edwards or similar japanese copy).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
import a carvin.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
No.
No.
No.
No.
No.

Go To My Profile, Contributions, Read my Review of the EGEN18.
Then, see what you want.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
ESP Horizon II series. I'm drooling over the blue finish everyday.

Or if you prefer Les Paul I would recommend Edwards which is the Japanese Division of ESP.

Ask Gibson to beat them!
Esp Sv =)
Guitars

Dean Razorback Explosion Lefty
ESP LTD EX-400 LH
Vintage?? LH

Amp

Bugera 333xl
Bugera 412H-BK
Cheers. If I was to buy a Gibson ok standard what amp would give it the best sound?
Laney VC-15
Suprised nobody has mentioned a japanese tokai, try the gibson as well
For an amp it depends on what u want and how much ur willing to spend, i got a tiny terror, has an incredible tone, just dont expect any sort of pedal to sound good on it.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
New amp > new guitar.

You have enough money to buy yourself an amazing amp and ditch that little fender combo. But if you are determined on getting a new guitar check out ESP Eclipses... or you could get an LTD Eclipse and a new amp?
I want an amp with a beautiful clean tone. But combines well with an effects boards so I can effects when I need to. Ive seen a Gibson les Paul standard 50s neck for 999 which gives me about 300-500 to spend on a good amp, I dont gig so a noisy amp isn't nesecary
Laney VC-15
ok so you would rather have a sucky amp and a good guitar then a good amp and a sucky guitar??? plz gtfo. your epiphone is fine for now. you NEED a new amp i dont care how long ago you purchased that solid state pos.
If you have £1500 and like LP's then surely the right choice would be a Gibson????
Quote by Russian1
ok so you would rather have a sucky amp and a good guitar then a good amp and a sucky guitar??? plz gtfo. your epiphone is fine for now. you NEED a new amp i dont care how long ago you purchased that solid state pos.

I'm sure I can get a decent amp for 300-500 quid?? If anyone would like to recomend one from the website www.guitarguitar.co.uk I'd be happy as this is the shop I shall be purchasing from. I want a new guitar as I simply dont like my EPI I want a Gibson as I see it as a sound investment and an awesome guitar
Laney VC-15
amps contribute more to your tone, but if you really want the guitar then get it, good guitars feel better when you play them, gibson is good, just try the guitar beforehand as with all guitars, japanese tokais are really good as well, and cheaper, its up to you
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by fergus74
If you have £1500 and like LP's then surely the right choice would be a Gibson????

Hahaha are you kidding? There are much better LP style guitars out there than Gibsons
Quote by Snapple
amps contribute more to your tone, but if you really want the guitar then get it, good guitars feel better when you play them, gibson is good, just try the guitar beforehand as with all guitars, japanese tokais are really good as well, and cheaper, its up to you

are there any from the website stated in my previous post which would match nicely with a les Paul? For about 300-500
Laney VC-15
Quote by Steve The Plank
Mmm, do what I'm doing and get this:

and then save up for this:

or this(haven't decided yet):

I love the look of the amp but dont like the guitars look to metaly for me. I like the classic of the Gibson lp
Laney VC-15
ESP LTD Eclipse + New amp FTW
Guitars:
LTD MHNT250 (Bare Knuckle Warpig in Bridge)
AMP/Cab:
Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960A Cab
Rack:
Korg DTR-1000 Rack Tuner
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
DBX 266 XL Compressor
Check out my band!:
Revenance
Yah look into Orange, great amps. I've been using a Rocker 30 for over a year now.

Any reason it has to be that shop?

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=06060516114718&guitars=13

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/amplification_detail.asp?stock=07110813454628&guitars=24

Maybe? Only Orange they have, but its pretty good, stick a pedal infront for Guns and Roses .
Quote by 666_Pounder
Yah look into Orange, great amps. I've been using a Rocker 30 for over a year now.

Any reason it has to be that shop?

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=06060516114718&guitars=13

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/amplification_detail.asp?stock=07110813454628&guitars=24

Maybe? Only Orange they have, but its pretty good, stick a pedal infront for Guns and Roses .

I'm paying monthly installments and these guys are the bud apr wise. I love that amp is a valve amp? The guitar is pretty nice but I may still opt for the Gibson unsure yet, is this guitar better?
Laney VC-15
Quote by snell
I'm paying monthly installments and these guys are the bud apr wise. I love that amp is a valve amp? The guitar is pretty nice but I may still opt for the Gibson unsure yet, is this guitar better?

Yeah its a Vavle, check out some of the sound tests on YouTube etc. Well there is no 'better' really I would says its much better value for money and suits your sounds reasonably well because of the SDs.
Quote by j-e-f-f-e-r-s
You could get a PRS, but personally I think they're a tad... wanky.

Hamer do some lovely singlecuts. Maybe you should check out a couple of them.

blasphemy anyone ? Depending on what you want to play, i'd go for either an Ibanez J custom / JEM if your into shred etc. Or a PRS for everything else :p
Try out some Gibsons, Tokais, Burny's, Orvilles, Mayas, ...
These are very nice LP's that are close to Gibsons regarding construction and authenticity. Some of them are even as good as Gibsons, for a lower price. Try them out!

imo ESP elipse and Edwards are very nice guitars, but they differ alot from the gibsons.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Gibson Les Paul Standard

The original, the only. If you want a Les Paul, then get the real thing. But I will say quality control is a concern and with the recent 'chambering fiasco, its a growing concern for the future of Gibson. Play before you buy strongly applies in this case. Even better, look for a good secondhand deal.

PRS SC 245

Pretty much modeled on the typical vintage Gibson Les Paul with PAF like pickups. Costs notably more than the Gibson counterpart, but you simply can't go wrong with it.
Spending that much on a non-custom guitar is silly, in my opinion.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Uber-amp and a pimping up of your Epi with top of the range stuff would make a rig made of pure pwnage
Quote by snell
I love the look of the amp but dont like the guitars look to metaly for me. I like the classic of the Gibson lp

The PRS guitars there don't look metal at all to me, but whatever. Especially that sc250, which looks like a better version of an LP.

Seriously, there will be a lot of toneful goodness when I get those things.
Well i got this guitar _ http://guitarguitar.co.uk/search_detail.asp?stock=07031915064328&page=search&search=gibson&offset=25&order=&BrandName=

And a new Laney Tube Amp, cant quite remember its name. I decided with the Les Paul after playing it for a bit, it felt nice, the guy said they never sell any gibsons unless they pass the shops own strict quality checks, so i was happy with that

PS thanks for all your help, greatly appreciated!!
Laney VC-15
Page 1 of 2