hi guys

basically, around august i may get a new guitar.

im learning to shred right now, so itll need to be suitable for that, but im also into lots of other things, so i want to be able to get decent cleans.

i also want a floating trem, cos theyr just so cool lol im using a peavey valveking 212 btw

thnx
Budget?
Music styles? Are you gonna play shred only or do you want to branch out into hard rock, classic rock, jazz, death metal, country?
Current gear?
Any particular guitars / brands that you like?
Quote by gingerbreadaxe
hi guys

basically, around august i may get a new guitar.

im learning to shred right now, so itll need to be suitable for that, but im also into lots of other things, so i want to be able to get decent cleans.

i also want a floating trem, cos theyr just so cool lol im using a peavey valveking 212 btw

thnx

Coolness isn't the most important factor in floating trems; whether or not you use a lot of different tunings is. Whether or not you have an actual use for it and don't just have it for fun and giggle. Also, whether or not you want to make the jump from <500$ guitars to >6/700$ guitars.
sorry my bad guys thought id included all that lol

yea price about 500 quid and yeah want the trem cos i like the stuff you can do with it which you cant with other trems

musical styles anything from jeff buckley to hendrix to metal really

thnx
Quote by gingerbreadaxe
sorry my bad guys thought id included all that lol

yea price about 500 quid and yeah want the trem cos i like the stuff you can do with it which you cant with other trems

musical styles anything from jeff buckley to hendrix to metal really

thnx

I take it your in the UK then?
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by gingerbreadaxe
yeah sorry for lack of pound sterling symbol but my keyboard is pretty screwed lol

Allow me ( £ ) copy and paste away!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
- The B.C. Rich Gunslinger Retro.

Korean made guitar, but with killer specs and a look that will drive 80’s metal guitarists insane. OFR with Dimarzio pickups, great combo and an awesome maple fretboard. Not bad value for money eh?

- The Jackson DK2M.

Japanese made guitar. Alder body with a maple veneer, Seymour Duncan pickups (JB bridge; Jazz neck) and a Jackson LFR. Great guitars, especially for metal and decent bang for buck! Apparently, the bridge is a direct swap for an OFR so if it breaks down, you can swap it out with ease. General build quality of Jackson guitars are great.

- The Jackson DKMG.

Japanese made guitar. Similar to above, but instead of SD’s, you get EMG pickups and a more black slicker look.

- The Washburn X40PRO.

Korean made guitar. Similar to above but the trem version and er…. Some differences. Anyway, you get a bolt on neck instead of a set neck, alder body and traditional maple neck with rosewood fretboard. The Seymour Duncan pickups (Distortion bridge; ’59 neck) with coil tapping makes up for versatility. The great thing about this guitar at this price is the trem; it’s made by Schaller! And that means awesomeness.

- The Ibanez S470.

Korean made guitar. The Ibanez ZR system is very good at keeping tuning stability due to the ball bearings. Very slim mahogany body, which makes the guitar very light and great for on stage. With any left over cash, I would highly recommend getting a case or new pickups. The other offshoot models like S320, S520EX, S470DXQM, S620 are all good models as well.

- The Ibanez RG1570 Prestige.

Japanese made guitar in Fujigen. The Ibanez Edge Pro system is awesome and equal to the OFR in terms of build structure and tuning stability. The basswood body and HSH combo make a versatile guitar, and with a pickup swap, this guitar can become a shred / metal machine. On the plus side, you get a free plush hard case!
Last edited by Mwoit at May 21, 2008,
Get a wangcaster. Trust me itll look awesome if you play it with the neck away from you and u do a lot of shifting while shredding.
^^ that bc rich is korean-made (at least that's what bc rich told me when i emailed them about it).

good selection there though (danno too)- i'd probably veer towards the rg1570 because of the versatility needed and the fact that it's a well-made (japanese) pro guitar with a quality locking trem. but it is mainly personal preference. I'm not a fan of those jackson trems, but allegedly they're a direct swap for an OFR (and the ibanez could use a pickup swap, so in terms of money for upgrades, it's much of a muchness...).

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at May 21, 2008,
wow thnx

yeah iv had my eye on those 2 ibanez's for a while

the others seem really interseting though

iv also heard that Jackson quality varies, so what do you think about them??
Quote by Dave_Mc
^^ that bc rich is korean-made (at least that's what bc rich told me when i emailed them about it).

Really? I'm surprised it has a decent spec sheet for the money, thought they'd have cut costs in terms of where they were gonna produce them. But hey, if they said it's Korean.... it's Korean made!
Quote by xCurlyx
Get a wangcaster. Trust me itll look awesome if you play it with the neck away from you and u do a lot of shifting while shredding.

Quote by gingerbreadaxe
iv also heard that Jackson quality varies, so what do you think about them??

i wasn't that fussed on the pro series jacksons i've tried other than the sl3 (which is quite a bit more money), they felt a bit cheap i thought... but as i said, personal preference.

Quote by Mwoit
Really? I'm surprised it has a decent spec sheet for the money, thought they'd have cut costs in terms of where they were gonna produce them. But hey, if they said it's Korean.... it's Korean made!

yeah, it does sound like good value. that's what i'm scared of... too good to be true, perhaps... the peavey windsor studio still isn't out, lol!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^ i feel the same way about kramers, though i havnt played any yet. theyr really cheep but have a really good spec
Quote by Dave_Mc
i wasn't that fussed on the pro series jacksons i've tried other than the sl3 (which is quite a bit more money), they felt a bit cheap i thought... but as i said, personal preference.

yeah, it does sound like good value. that's what i'm scared of... too good to be true, perhaps... the peavey windsor studio still isn't out, lol!

I saw one in a store a month or two ago. I still need to go back and play it though.

Unless you're joking. Then I feel stupid.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
oh ok, i just assumed they weren't out yet.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?