I have a REALLY hard time with 2 notes per string, i can do 3 notes per string at tempos like 180 but then when i try to do similair on 2 notes per string it goes sloppy, I do practice it alot but i seem to be getting nowhere the fastest i can get is about 130. and Before you say its not about speed i already know that. I hhave been practicing this for along time aswell.
Well there's isn't any magical fix, just keep practicing.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by professorlamp
I have a REALLY hard time with 2 notes per string, i can do 3 notes per string at tempos like 180 but then when i try to do similair on 2 notes per string it goes sloppy, I do practice it alot but i seem to be getting nowhere the fastest i can get is about 130. and Before you say its not about speed i already know that. I hhave been practicing this for along time aswell.

2 notes per string what?

Honestly, you should be worrying more about how well you play songs, exercises are just a means to an end, not the end itself You obviously don't quite yet understand that it's not about speed otherwise you wouldn't have asked this question.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I play songs well enough, but this is in a solo in a song and for now i have to play it legato but it sounds so much better picked
2 note per string patterns (like pentatonic boxes) are harder. Your cross string
picking has to be much better because you're crossing strings more. Are you
anchoring your hand? Statically stabilizing your hand on the guitar can hamper
being able to pick across strings easily.
Alright say it with me

UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN

Now let's get some cheesy 80's techno in here

UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN

Now let's get Richard Simmons in the house

UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN

*Dies due to Richard Simmons scary amount of hairy leg showing*

It's rather simple I must say.
It just takes time to practice.
Just about any UG'er is going to say this.
But only I will bring techno and Richard Simmons.
If it's a specific part of a song then just practice it - there'll be a speed at which you can play it flawlessly so start from there, no matter how slow it is, and gradually build the speed. No matter how good you get you'll never have the god-given right to just play anything you want immediately, even guys like Vai and Gilbert have to spend some time learning stuff if they don't already know it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com