hi, i dont post in the guitar section much, anyway... my friend owns a Squire strat, that is the older japanese model, would these go for more than the new ones? If so, how much. It deffinatly feels better built and plays better than the newer ones.

Anyway, anyone know, we are curious...
it's a squier. it won't sell for much anyway cuz they sell for so cheap. then you add in depreciation and you would be lucky to get maybe 100 bucks top for it. probably less.
I believe Japanese made Squiers are actually very very good. Resale value depends on location though. Where are you in the world?
Quote by ortrigger
it's a squier. it won't sell for much anyway cuz they sell for so cheap. then you add in depreciation and you would be lucky to get maybe 100 bucks top for it. probably less.

you cant assume all squiers are bad. the japanese ones are ALOT better than the rest. granted no squier is amazing but it would go for a decent bit more than 100 bucks.
Quote by ortrigger

MIJ squiers are supposedly much higher quality than other squiers.
Quote by vitchb
hi, i dont post in the guitar section much, anyway... my friend owns a Squire strat, that is the older japanese model, would these go for more than the new ones? If so, how much. It deffinatly feels better built and plays better than the newer ones.

Anyway, anyone know, we are curious...

In mint condition, these fetch more than the cost of a new MIM Fender Strat on eBay.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=mij+squier&category0=

Even well used MIJ Squier Strats fetch a fairly good sum of money though (significantly more than the $100 figure that people are throwing around here). If I were to see a MIJ Squier on eBay for less than $100 bucks, I know I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
It depends on the model. SQ and JV Squiers, made in Japan in the early 80's, can fetch $400-$700 in very good condition. Tell us more?
Well, its at LEAST 10 years old, very good condition (black finish). Im in the UK btw. I dont know the precise model or manufacture year, just says statocaster, made in japan.
Last edited by vitchb at May 22, 2008,
Quote by vitchb
Well, its at LEAST 10 years old, very good condition (black finish). Im in the UK btw. I dont know the precies model or manufacture year, just says statocaster, made in japan.

Look at the first few letters/digits of the serial number (on the headstock, else on the neck plate). That'll tell you the series (JV or SQ etc) and the first two numbers should be the year, if I'm not very much mistaken.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000