easy everyone

just come across a piece of sofware called, you guessed it, Guitar speed trainer. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experiance with it, does the 20 mins a day practice really help or is it just a money making ploy.

cheers
lets find out, post a link
Quote by slafoo
Lol I love the fact you use the word majestic to describe titties... it's as if there are hundreds of titties majestically frollocking in a meadow somewhere *drifts off*
Well, if you think you can practice 20 minutes a day and get better at guitar easily you've got another thing coming.

Its probably a scam.
yeah i 've seen that site . you can easely find lessons for free on the net :s
I have it, and it works A LOT.

I could note progress in just a week. You will get really bored though, as it's really boring excercises. I stopped using it cause I became lazy and had too much school work. Everyday I think of using it though, but I just can't.

I doubt 20minutes per day though.
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
I got it a couple weeks ago. I havent really used it to much. But I can tell you what it does. First you play 5 different things. Down Stroke, Up Stroke, Alternate, Scale, Random pattern. But you do each starting at like 40 bpm then you say you can do it without thought, with ease, with slight mess ups, to oh poop this is Hard, to impossible. You do that I think max is 220 bpm. But after you do all of them It sets up exercises for each technique where it increases the bpm each time through until you hit I think your oh poop this is hard I can do it but mess up some then it comes back constantly to where it started from which is in your with ease zone. You can adjust the rate of which it goes and stuff.

There is some other things on there but like I said I havent really messed with it much. I am going to start doing it everyday but havent got the chance yet. Choose to practice other things when I play but My guess is it does work because when you hear what helps increase speed everyone says metronome and thats precisely what the exercises are playing with a metronome that is constantly getting faster. 20 a day will probably help but you can go beyond the limits and get better faster.

Sorry for the rants
I believe it does work, but all it does is basically show you what all of us at UG already tell you; practice slowly, working at a manageable tempo, then gradually increase your speed. All these scales and such within the program are freely accessable within the lessons section of the UG site.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Quote by Myung'sMusicman
Oh yeah I got the thing for free haha Not to hard to find

link?
I got it for free too. I can't remember the link but I can pass it to you if you trust me that is
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Just remember this and you should be good:
speed is a byproduct of technique and accuracy

This means, don't rush anything and just focus on those two things and you should be good to go.