lets say i was playing a chord progession in G major and wanted to solo over it, would the first note of the solo have to be G? and does it have to be G major scale over it or can i use others, if so, why?
g major scale, e minor scale, e minor pentatonic would all work here. and no you dont have to start on the g note
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
technically you could also mix it up with the modes
G Ionion(major)
A Dorion
B Phrygian
C Lydian
D Mixolydian
E Aeolion(?) (natural minor)
then there is one more on F# BUT I CANT REMEMBER THE NAME!!lol
really just experiment with things, such as a major scale...adD a flattened forth, or some chromatics, be craazzyyy
ok, my friend who got me into guitar (im self taught) told me one thing for problams like these, and i quote, "if it sounds SWEEEEEEEEET then you play it, if it sucks, leave that **** out". music isnt always a formula, if you feel it and it sounds good, go with it
HiMyNameIsMatt
Quote by surge666
ok, my friend who got me into guitar (im self taught) told me one thing for problams like these, and i quote, "if it sounds SWEEEEEEEEET then you play it, if it sucks, leave that **** out". music isnt always a formula, if you feel it and it sounds good, go with it

sounds like good advice
Quote by Crazybudget
G Ionion(major)
A Dorion
B Phrygian
C Lydian
D Mixolydian
really just experiment with things, such as a major scale...adD a flattened forth, or some chromatics, be craazzyyy

i believe that you mean the F# locrian mode. personaly my favorite, but damn its a pretty f'ed up scale.
Quote by Crazybudget
sounds like good advice

hes the wisest man i know
HiMyNameIsMatt
Quote by Crazybudget
G Ionion(major)
A Dorion
B Phrygian
C Lydian
D Mixolydian

No, you need to not bring up modes. If it's a G major progression, you play G major over it. You don't know enough about modes to be suggesting them.
Quote by InanezGuitars44
g major scale, e minor scale, e minor pentatonic would all work here. and no you dont have to start on the g note

If your tonal center is G and you play the notes G A B C D E F# in any order, you are playing G major and never E minor.
Quote by :-D
No, you need to not bring up modes. If it's a G major progression, you play G major over it. You don't know enough about modes to be suggesting them.

If your tonal center is G and you play the notes G A B C D E F# in any order, you are playing G major and never E minor.

well some people learn the scales as shapes and not notes, so i decided to let him know he could use it in case he didnt know. know what i mean?
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
well some people learn the scales as shapes and not notes, so i decided to let him know he could use it in case he didnt know. know what i mean?

The way you worded it made it sound like he could play in E minor, which he can't. It's helpful to play an "E minor shape", yes, as long as he knows that he's not playing E minor.
Quote by :-D
The way you worded it made it sound like he could play in E minor, which he can't. It's helpful to play an "E minor shape", yes, as long as he knows that he's not playing E minor.

yeah thats what i meant. i worded it bad. -1 for me lol

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣