Im looking for you help here i have a choice of a few amp. First of all i will be gigging in both small clubs, large clubs, sometimes out doors, sometimes indoors and some big outdoor stages in front of a few thousand but other times it may only be 100.

I love the older classic rock sound: Whitesnake,Led Zep, AC/DC, KISS, guns and roses, cream you get the picture. I also like the TONE of bands such as green day, the darkness, social distortion, ramones. But also like the tones of oasis, the view ( scottish indie band, don't know how famous they are outside UK ), the who, fratellis, stone roses.

So yeah a lot of diffrent sound but i just want that overdriven tone when say you hit a G chord you can tell it's a marshall crunch a mile off bit live overdriven oasis not a light od as some acdc stuff.

Anyway the amps.

Orange Rocker 30

Heard reallly good stuff on this site about it and i know a lot of indie bands are using rockers these days but wasnt sure how well it wold hit the crunch, i know it can do a light sort of crunchy sound but how overdriven can it get, plexi/jcm800 type sounding.

Marshall Vintage Modern

This is the only site i hear bad stuff about this amp. Ive been told it's becasue when trying out this amp its takes a wee while to dial in the trite tone and you have to crank it but once you have its " heaven " and it's made for classic rock. It's pretty much a jtm or a hot rodded plexi.

Marshall jcm800

I know very good for classic rock but been told you have to crank them pretty hard to get a good crunch but how am i supposed to do that if im playing infront of 100 people.?

Marshall DSL

Heard mixed reviews about these, heard they are good for metal/hard rock but on the crunch channel if it cranked and a good tone is dialed in the can sound pretty vintag like the plexi's and jcm800's

Vox ac30

I know these are also good amps for indie but how good are they for the classic rock bands i listed and i didnt think they had the old crunch sound to them of the marshalls?

Sorry for the long post, feel free to help me out and add any more suggestions if you have any

Thanks
Orange gets a little heavier than Marshall's, I'd recommend it. AC30 is better for lower gain and clean
All are exceptional amps hands down but I would also go with the Orange (they sound incredible but are quite a bit of $$$)
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quick. He needs more Ammo!!

but seriously, I recommend Orange if you've got some serious money.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by surge666
.22 bullets should work if your not hunting big game

haha
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by surge666
.22 bullets should work if your not hunting big game

!L M A O!

But yeah, i have a VOX and i love playing GnR etc. on it. IMO it sounds great, but i believe that the VOX is the affordable dummed down version of a Marshall, so, depending on your budget, i'd go for a Marshall if you can afford it, although, i've never tried an Orange amo...i mean amp....
Quote by Jackolas
edgespear, driving great ideas again. Sir, you pwn.

Gear:
Guitar: Epiphone Les Paul, PRS SE Floyd Custom 24 Floyd Amethyst
Amp: Peavey 6505, Eleven Rack
Orange Rocker 30...all the British crunch you'll ever need and a little bit more just in case.

The VintageModern is a big disappointment. Even when fully cranked. Sounds like it's coming at you from beneath a few old blankets.
Gibson LP w/SD59+PRS Dragon II
Fender 52RI Hotrod Tele
PRS Tremonti SE w/Bulldog Extremist/Black Label

Cornford MK50H & 2x12
Marshall JMP-1

TC Electronics G-System

MacBook + Ableton Live