I built This fuzz and it works great, but when I added an led indicator I got a horrible buzz out of it. I put the positive part of the led to the positive battery lead at the point where it mets the 330 and 33k resistors and the negative is connected to the input "ring" (pretty much a direct line to the negative of the battery)

can anyone tell me where i can move the led leads to get rid of this horrid buzz?
Member 3 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
you need to put the led in paralell so it wont mess with anything i think
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
hmm..now that you mention it i think you are right! *goes to find the easiest way to make it parallel*

Edit: ok im not seeing anything jump out at me for making it parallel. any suggestions?

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Last edited by ronoh55 at May 21, 2008,
either side of the battery but link it through the on off switch somehow if it has one
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
ok...ill try that, and I do have a 3pdt switch for truebypass and the led...so its already linked

Edit: it didnt work. any other ideas? I am completely stumped, it only does it when the effect it turned on.

Last edited by ronoh55 at May 21, 2008,
removing the LED is always an option, but i've never heard of this happening before (or rather, its never happened to me when i've put LED's in things) Double check all the wiring
lol@u
yeah I could remove the led...but i would have a hole in the case where it was/is currently.
Ive also quadchecked the wiring, and cut the led totally to make sure it was that causing the problem. I guess my next step is to just put the leads in every working configuration possible till i find one that works lol.

yeah...I can't find a configuration that works. Sorry for th eduble post but I wanted to bump this origional problem and ask another question.

Should this fuzz drop my volume any sort of considerable amount? if it isn't then something is wrong, even though i do like how it sounds it takes more than half the volume away.