First of all I bought a new Fender Super Champ XD amp for my first tube amp (A +A/B), 15W. I really liked its clean tones, great deep hard rock tone, but also a great crunch. The only issue is that I get some feedback when I push the gain in an attempt to reach metal tones.

Would a noise gate pedal be able to reduce the hum of the amp and prevent the feedback even if the distortion is being applied at the amp level and not by a pedal?

Which noise gate pedal to purchase?

Also, I am going to purchase a metal muff for some over the top metal lead tones, opinions? I like really screaming high end for solo stuff.

Thanks everyone, and thanks to everyone who helped me on my amp purchase.

Jordan
Boss noise suppressor is nice. I really like mine. I havent noticed it suck tone like some say it does.
The noise gate/noise suppressor on my ME-50 is good, it really helps
But it cuts the treble bad
Theres just no sustain when soloing

Well thats when the knob is at 4-5 o' clock
I usually keep it at 12 o' clock now
It takes out all the hums and hisses

Buy a Boss noise suppressor
Should help
or a boss ME-50 (All the effects you could ever want on one board.)
Quote by jordanshadow
Would a noise gate pedal be able to reduce the hum of the amp and prevent the feedback even if the distortion is being applied at the amp level and not by a pedal?

Preamp noise is only reduced if you put the noise reduction after the preamp in the signal chain. This being the case you would need an amp with a series effects loop.

Quote by jordanshadow
Which noise gate pedal to purchase?

ISP makes excellent stuff.

Quote by jordanshadow
Also, I am going to purchase a metal muff for some over the top metal lead tones, opinions? I like really screaming high end for solo stuff.

All things considered, instead of amassing a large (and expensive) pedal collection in search of metal tones, look at the "Box Of Metal" from ZVex effects. It has an onboard noise gate and will push enough distortion to satisfy virtually anyone.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
You probably don't need a noise gate, especially if you are using a distortion pedal. Just turn the gain down.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.