Page 1 of 2
my high school principal will be quitting next year because of the formation of a gay club. on a little side note, this douchebags name is stephen freedman (the kid responsible for the club). he has been trying for over a year to get a 'gay straight alliance' club going at irmo high school, but he hasnt been able to. now this kid got a lawyer. anyway so we now have this club, and my principal has decided to quit because it conflicts with his beliefs. i dont argue with him at all, i dont think we should descriminate against gays but at the same time, come the fu*ck on, they dont need a club. he said this--

The formation of this club conflicts with my professional beliefs in that we do not have other clubs at Irmo High school based on sexual orientation, sexual preference, or sexual activity. In fact our sex education curriculum is abstinence based. I feel the formation of a Gay/Straight Alliance Club at Irmo High school implies that students joining the club will have chosen to or will choose to engage in sexual activity with members of the same sex, opposite sex, or members of both sexes.

full article here http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8356379
discuss?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Why do you need a club for it?
Thats really sad, but I wouldn't leave the school over it. Stupid fundamentalist Christian.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
I bet they have clubs for people who like chess, why not clubs for people who like a bit of man on man/woman on woman action?

There probably isn't a university in the UK witout their own gay/bi/lesbian/transexual club and I doubt any deans, prinipals, administrators or whatever else are losing much sleep over it.
yes, without that club kids can't be gay. the gay kids were already in the school. i don't get his weird homophobic problems. he is being soo gay.
Your sex ed teaches abstinence?
That'll really work.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Jonn0
Why do you need a club for it?
Thats really sad, but I wouldn't leave the school over it. Stupid fundamentalist Christian.

I concur, stupid fundamentalist republican white male christian.
Blarghuh Highum Doogin

Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.
yeah but the thing is the principal is such a nice guy, hes always in the halls shaking hands. i just saw him today giving a black dude 50cents because he had his shirt tucked into his pants (we have a problem with saggy pants)..i just hope he doesnt get replaced by some sh5ithead
Quote by Dinkydaisy
That'll really work.

welcome to american public education as led by dumbass christians.
my god, what a pointless club, no personal problem with homosexuality, but does there really need to be a club?
good goin on the principal though
Quote by Dinkydaisy
That'll really work.
It must be a really easy class though

"don't have sex,

ok,

class dismissed,

see you all next week."
I don't think his point is that he's against gays in particular. It's about him being against a club based around sexuality. E.G. He'd be against a "swinger" club being formed at the school, or a "free blowjobs" club.
I'd join 'em.
Quote by Jonn0
Stupid fundamentalist Christian.

So you look down on him for staying true to his beliefs?
We're only strays.
That guy is a dumbass. The point of a GSA club is that gays have been discriminated against for a long time, and this is a chance for people to show support. it has nothing to do with sexl What a douche.

EDIT:
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
So you look down on him for staying true to his beliefs?

Yes. I know I do. I am usually pretty open with religion, but when it discriminates like that, I think it's going too far.
Quote by nine01n
In fact our sex education curriculum is abstinence based.

Fuck condoms, premarital sex is the shit, get em pregnant get em pregnant get em pregnant
two and a half men.
Quote by freedoms_stain
It must be a really easy class though

"don't have sex,

ok,

class dismissed,

see you all next week."

no ive watched the videos seeing as i go there. its not all abstinence based, but its a bunch of scare tactics really.. ' if you have sex you can get this disease and this disease and condoms fail whatever percent of the time and the only way to be safe is to not haev sex at all..
Isn't the whole gay/straight alliance supposed to be a way of increasing tolerance and understanding for the homosexuals among the heterosexuals? To prevent people from assualting gays and whatnot, is that a bad thing?
Quote by StealingSociety
I don't think his point is that he's against gays in particular. It's about him being against a club based around sexuality. E.G. He'd be against a "swinger" club being formed at the school, or a "free blowjobs" club.
I'd join 'em.

You're comparing acceptance of sexuality to promiscuous and morally dubious behaviour?

-Matthew Arnold

i think most people are missing the point of the club. it's not a "lets get together because we're all gay club" it's a club to recognize and try to eliminate the problems and the discrimination between homo and heterosexuals. hence Gay-Straight Alliance. it's for people to get to know people of all different types of lifestyles.
I've had a Gay/Straight Alliance at my school for quite a few years now, I really don't see the problem, it's just like any other club.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

I agree that they don't need their own club, but I don't see why he needs to quit over it. If Gays want a club, let them have a club so they can shut up about not being treated equally.
Quote by nine01n
i just saw him today giving a black dude 50cents because he had his shirt tucked into his pants (we have a problem with saggy pants)

Principal: I say boy, two pence to pull up your pants.

Black Kid: Yes, suh, sorry, suh.

That's how I'm picturing that played out in my head.
by the way all talk at school today was about forming several clubs like a heterosexuals only club and a anti-gay club (which would be allowed, becasue it doesnt conflict with any unlawful activities)
yeah i think if he has those kinds of objections with gay people, any job in public service (including education) is not for him, as gay people are part of the public, and the gay community is a rather vocal one (in certain parts of the country). that being said, a gay straight alliance is not a 'gay club' it is a club that promotes tolerance (hence gay-straight alliance, rather then gay-gay alliance). The goal is not to promote homosexuality, but for both homosexuals and heterosexuals to work together to make the school a more accepting, peaceful and harmonious environment. If your principle is against tolerance (which is what being anti-gsa is more or less), he should not be an educator and has chose the right thing to do

EDIT: while the idea of an anti-gay club would make my skin crawl (being pro-tolerance) it would be a very interesting thing to see played out legally. While the school would surely not sanction it, it would be cool to see how far up the ranks of the legal ladder it would go (and what the ACLU would do).
Last edited by tehREALcaptain at May 21, 2008,
Quote by nine01n
no ive watched the videos seeing as i go there. its not all abstinence based, but its a bunch of scare tactics really.. ' if you have sex you can get this disease and this disease and condoms fail whatever percent of the time and the only way to be safe is to not haev sex at all..
That's not abstinence based, that's lies based.
Quote by nine01n
by the way all talk at school today was about forming several clubs like a heterosexuals only club and a anti-gay club (which would be allowed, becasue it doesnt conflict with any unlawful activities)

An 'anti-gay' club would be discriminatory against a group of people, you complete and utter moron.

-Matthew Arnold

Hopefully someone else more open-minded will come in. If anything, people of different sexual orientations need a club more than people of a given race, since it has a greater impact on their day to day life.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
my cousin tried to form a white student union at his school after finding out there was a black student union. they wouldnt let him form the white student union so he joined the black one

and yes i think its uneccessary to have a student club based on one's sexual prefference but gay people have been seperated and stigmatized by society (moreso in years past) so they deserve a club. it aint hurtin nothin (minus that principal)
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
theirs a GSA thing in my school..but their not allowed to meet in school..cause theirs a rule in our school about no sexual clubs
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Quote by nine01n
yeah but the thing is the principal is such a nice guy, hes always in the halls shaking hands. i just saw him today giving a black dude 50cents because he had his shirt tucked into his pants (we have a problem with saggy pants)..i just hope he doesnt get replaced by some sh5ithead

Oh, that is just RACIST! =o
He gave a black kid spare change... so black people are poort?

AND he's a total closet homo and wont admit it, so quits his job instead?!?!

This dude has serious issues.
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
Quote by freedoms_stain
That's not abstinence based, that's lies based.

i restate my earlier statement,
'welcome to american public school'
Quote by nine01n

Why do people have so much sand in their vaginas at your school?
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Cameronrobson
Fuck condoms, premarital sex is the shit, get em pregnant get em pregnant get em pregnant

Abort, abort, abort...

It's pretty fun, yeah!
Blarghuh Highum Doogin

Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.
Quote by JMTrio134
That guy is a dumbass. The point of a GSA club is that gays have been discriminated against for a long time, and this is a chance for people to show support. it has nothing to do with sexl What a douche.

EDIT:

Yes. I know I do. I am usually pretty open with religion, but when it discriminates like that, I think it's going too far.

And where is the discrimination taking place? Hes leaving the school.
We're only strays.
nine01n your from south carolina thats why you and your principal our idiots

have you ever been called a fag or threatened or even beat up because of who you are

thats why they have clubs like this
Page 1 of 2