Ok, so I'm looking at gettinga Boss GT-8 or GT-10 multi effects processor. I was wondering what others thoughts on it where, and if I could get feedback on them from someone who has one, or has used one, and can tell me what they think of it. I mean, I plan on trying them both out and comparing before I buy, but its still a ways away before I'll have the cash to get one.
Gear:

Guitar

1977 Ibanez Les Paul
1972 (rough guess, give or take a year) Peavey Classic VTX Series Tube Amp
Behringer X V-amp
Well I loved the GT-8 when I trying a friend's. Definitely needs tweaking in a lot of the settings but I was impressed by the sound of the GT-8.

But then again, I don't have experience of any other larger Multi-FX.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
As FLCLcowdude, he just bought a GT-10.

I liked the GT-8 when I played it, was more userfriendly than the POD XT (imo).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
If you want a Gt-8 I'm selling one at a pretty good price.

It's pretty good, The modeling isn't great, but the effects are pretty good.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I used a friend's gt-8 and it's pretty good though i personally didn't quite like it. I find it to be a bit sterile and digital sounding unless you do A LOT of tweeking. Also it tends to be kinda complicated to get used to and to edit.

I honestly prefer my PODX3 Live since it's way more user-friendly and lets you turn effects on/off without switching patches. It's also easier to get a good sound fast out of it. Plus, i even noticed that the new layout for the GT-10 looks very similar to the PODX3 Live... Boss probably realized that Line 6's processors a bit better in those aspects.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Look into Digitech GNX3000 or the RP500.

Ok. I used to have a Digitech GNX3 and I wanted to upgrade to something newer. About a year ago I bought the GT-8 and had it for a month before I traded it in for a GNX3000. The GT-8 has great sounding effects with great parameters and the dual amp thing was cool, but I just could not get good overdrive and distortion tones because of the limited selection of amp, distortion box and cab models and the eq was weak. Wheather I hooked it up to my amps or to a mixer it just sounded like crap and very unrealistic. Maybe I was doing something wrong or may I didn't give myself enough time to really try and tweak it, but I think I'm pretty good at that.

The GNX3000 is great at reproducing different amp types and the tone is awesome. Some of the effects are not as lush as the GT-8 but you probably don't use chorus, flanger or phaser all the time. So I stuck with the GNX3000 cause of the easy of use, the numerous amp, cab models and the parametric eq and lets me tweak the hell out of my tone on each preset. I love it for doing my cover band thing. The only addition I use to any modeler is my Bad Horsie II wah, I like that it turns on and off by me only putting my foot down or taking it off.

Try out the Digitech stuff for modelers and see the difference. It's funny, as for single effects I prefer BOSS and will not even look at Digitech for compact effects.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Bertallica has a point. Comparing the GT-8 and GT-10 is almost pointless since the GT-10 is bound be to better since it is an upgrade from the GT-8. Instead, why don't you compare the GT-10 to other processors by different companies such as Digitech, Line 6, Zoom, Tone Works, etc.?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Depends on what effects you are gonna use the most. Decide that and look for individual pedals, compare the prices. If it's relatively close, go with separate boxes.

The Digitech Digidelay is an awesome sounding pedal, regardless of what anybody says, or how bad some of the other Digitechs sound.
Well, I've heard from friends that because they added so much more stuff to the GT-10 that it lost sound quality and the GT-8 was better, thats why I was comparing those, and I expected people to come in with suggestions for other stuff, so I didnt bother mentioning it, and mainly cause I didnt really know much about any other processors.
Gear:

Guitar

1977 Ibanez Les Paul
1972 (rough guess, give or take a year) Peavey Classic VTX Series Tube Amp
Behringer X V-amp
Quote by MAYNARD
Depends on what effects you are gonna use the most. Decide that and look for individual pedals, compare the prices. If it's relatively close, go with separate boxes.

The TS needs to decide what he is going to use it for not just what effects it has.

I think there are 4 main points of having a modeler:

1. That you have almost every effect in one unit
2. You can dial up different tones
3. Ease of putting those all together for performing
4. You can eliminate amps altogether if you needed to and go direct into a PA.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Yeah, I just bought the GT-10, and it was the best purchase I have made in a long time. Depending on your level of electronic intelegence and how fast of a learner you are, I would say that you can learn the ins and the outs of the GT-10 in about a week. I have used it to jam at school through one of the PA systems in the band room, and it sounds freaking awesome. I can't believe how realistic it sounds, especially for a digital modeler. I have to say, I use it more than my amp most of the time.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Modelers are great for players just starting out. It gives you a feel of what you might use for effects. Then it seems we move on to the floor stuff. I started with the old boss rack mount stuff 20 years ago. Wish I still had them.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd