Page 1 of 3
Simple question, difficult answer.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
I think people are born with a choice to do evil and to do good. Because of that, some ppl can become what we call "evil".
I assume, through my experiences, that everyone is back-stabbing, everyone needs to hate, and everyone needs to fear.

I truly trust no-one, as I believe it's only a matter of time before you're let down - by anybody. Anybody at all.
There is no such thing as "good" or "evil" but rather just what is socially acceptable. This type of social control is what categorizes people's actions as adequate or wrong.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Hah
Depends on whether you can know what goodness or badness is.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by plucky duck

Conformity from environmental factors will cause all people to show a degree of morality.

What morality is, is another question all together. If we propose that morality is subjective to the general consensus of the people in the area, then we can agree the goodness shown by those people will conform to the conceived notion of morality which the community holds.

Next
Quote by Craigo
Conformity from environmental factors will cause all people to show a degree of morality.

What morality is, is another question all together. If we propose that morality is subjective to the general consensus of the people in the area, then we can agree the goodness shown by those people will conform to the conceived notion of morality which the community holds.

Next

Sociology student eh? Hah... i loved my sociology class.

This question is way too subjective.

"good" has a different meaning to almost every person.

Although, that is the point of this thread hah.

For the most part though, people in general do suck
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
i think most people are 'good'. some are inherently 'bad' though - ie. rapists/murderers.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Most people are Zombies. Wake up, work ,eat ,sleep. Treat everyone decently and if they're still a jack ass Zombie they're not worth your time anyway. Move on and ignore them. You'll figure out who those are that are worth your time.
Every one is capable of doing good.
Every one is capable of doing evil.
We will all do both at least once in our lives.
This however does not define who we are,
instead be defined by how you learn from what you do that you deem as bad or good.
Thus the person is neither good nor bad, they are just the product of experiance and choice.
The obvious answer being people are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling.

I believe the vast majority of people are rotten and selfish. They try to convince themselves that they are good, but really they'll do anything for money, possessions, or attention. One perfect example is religion. People claim that they love their god/s or that they do it for them, but people only follow religion because A. They were taught to do so from birth B. They want to avoid hell and eternal punishment in the afterlife, or punishment here on earth C. They want to be rewarded with heaven, or be rewarded here on earth D. They don't want to die. The only true good people are the ones who can be loyal for nothing in return.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Mostly. Rule of thumb: Girls =/= Good.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by Craigo
Founder of UG's Philosophy Guild actually

Philosophy student.

Sounds good. How do i join?

I tend to slip into thinking people are good. However, they can be led to do bad things very easily.

This is because when regarding murderers etc, I can very rarely see the OMG TEHY ARE EVIL111!!! thing. What I see is a damaged and malfunctioning human being who has been led to commit such crimes as a result of upbringing and whatever.

But that's a whole other argument. I just see people's actions as a result of the factors affecting them, rather than their own inherent good/badness. I almost think as if "responsibility" is a pointless concept, sometimes.
Last edited by Vermintide at May 21, 2008,
Quote by Craigo

Next

true morality is set by social standards and norms, but morality is not neccesarily the measurement of good.

good is concrete, a thing or condition is either good or not. and good shall be defined as a thing or condition lacking evil (if thats acceptible) this is a situation where the norms of society have no bearings.

this raises the question does good and/or evil truely exisit.......this can go on forever i just wanna see what others' opinions are
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
They have the capacity to be good, but there's a large number of them that don't often indulge it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by plucky duck
i just wanna see what others' opinions are

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99

Quote by niggafolife
Quote by plucky duck
true morality is set by social standards and norms, but morality is not neccesarily the measurement of good.

good is concrete, a thing or condition is either good or not. and good shall be defined as a thing or condition lacking evil (if thats acceptible) this is a situation where the norms of society have no bearings.

this raises the question does good and/or evil truely exisit.......this can go on forever i just wanna see what others' opinions are

Morality is what people perceive to be acting from good actually, and that definition works very well with my post.

There is no such thing as 'true morality'. That sounds objective; morality is subjective. I'm sure views on abortion were different 100 years ago. People thought the Russians were evil pricks when they were the first country to legalise abortion in 1917.

There is no such thing as evil, that's a relative human-made term. And no, it's not okay to define good and evil as concrete.

Good/evil doesn't exist; subjective perceptions of what is okay and what isn't exists.
Quote by Craigo
Morality is what people perceive to be acting from good actually, and that definition works very well with my post.

There is no such thing as 'true morality'. That sounds objective; morality is subjective. I'm sure views on abortion were different 100 years ago. People thought the Russians were evil pricks when they were the first country to legalise abortion in 1917.

There is no such thing as evil, that's a relative human-made term. And no, it's not okay to define good and evil as concrete.

Good/evil doesn't exist; subjective perceptions of what is okay and what isn't exists.

good rhetoric in action is awesome
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99

Quote by niggafolife
The way I see it is when we are born, we are a clean slate. Similar to a brand new computer with no software downloaded yet. All your experiences through life are software shaping you. Whether or not your good is through your past essentially.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Sonicxlover
The obvious answer being people are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling.

I believe the vast majority of people are rotten and selfish. They try to convince themselves that they are good, but really they'll do anything for money, possessions, or attention. One perfect example is religion. People claim that they love their god/s or that they do it for them, but people only follow religion because A. They were taught to do so from birth B. They want to avoid hell and eternal punishment in the afterlife, or punishment here on earth C. They want to be rewarded with heaven, or be rewarded here on earth D. They don't want to die. The only true good people are the ones who can be loyal for nothing in return.

Welcome to human nature. Also you realize you are in the same group of people.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by plucky duck

actually, I've never tasted one before, so i can't tell you if they're good or not.
Yeah but only 2 of us. Me and Paris Hilton. Everyone else is crap.
Quote by Craigo

And I'd say - using that subjective good we love - people are good, atleast here.

Quote by confusius
No. People is too broad, ambiguous and overall stupid to give you a proper answer.

Rarely is this questions asked: Are confusius learning?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I like to think that people have good and bad points.
Woman,Generally>Tits=Good.
Guys>Plonker= bad

So you see,young one.It all breaks down to the ultimate question...Tits or Wang?
Page 1 of 3