I've noticed that my Xiphos gets a ton more sustain than my Jackson.

My question is whether it's due to the fact that it's a neck-through whereas the Jackson is bolt-on, or if it's the pickups.

My Xiphos still has the DiMarzio DeActivators it came with, and the Jackson has the Duncan Designed pickups that it came with. Because I'm wondering if investing in new pickups for the Jackson will really be worth it.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
its true that neck-throughs do get alot more sustain than bolt ons
Sig space available, give me some praise
i think yeah pickups are a good idea and do you like your dinky dk2 i was thinking about getting one and wondered how it was?
Quote by trojanfan12
i think yeah pickups are a good idea and do you like your dinky dk2 i was thinking about getting one and wondered how it was?

Well, I can't really speak to that because I got my Dinky a few years ago, and it has chrome hardware and different specs than today's. I got shafted because they are a lot better now. It's a really great guitar for the money. Go for it.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
thanks man and yeah invest in some new pickups i have duncan design too and whenever i play other guitars i'm blown out of the water by just about every aspect of real seymour duncans
ive got one of the newer DK2's with the better specs and i say you should def go for it - great guitar
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Neck thru's usually have a longer sustain and better upper fret access, though it all depends on the neck wood as it basically functions as the guitar "body".