It's relatively cheap, it played nice and everything, but I'm having a hard time finding what model it is..

It had a humbucker in the bridge, and then 2 single coils. The neck was odd..it felt almost like plastic, I'm not sure. It had what seemed like locks at the top, and a bridge at the bottom that was similar to a Floyd Rose, but could only go down (it looked like it had fine tuners). It says Epiphone by Gibson on the top, is black, and has a serial number and everything.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the neck, it felt like it had plastic on it..anyone own one and can explain?
Quote by akack
Lol wut.

I call shenanigans. Fake obviously man.

Definitely not fake.
It's just old. A couple of people around here have seen and played them.
From what I remember, they're fairly average, though I might be horribly wrong.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
I saw an Ibanez Strat with 3 single coils the other day... I swear it looked exactly like a Fender. Couldn't find the model anywhere. Are these fakes or something?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by akack
Lol wut.

I call shenanigans. Fake obviously man.

i wouldn't be so sure, i've seen les paul shaped squiers
Sig space available, give me some praise
not fake. i saw it in a epi booklet that came with my sg junior. (first guitar. didnt last long) lemme see if i can dig it up.
I don't know anything about the guitar but I know that it is, in fact, an Epiphone. They use to manufacture strat-style guitars - Kurt Cobain from Nirvana played one.

Good luck hunting down the information that you're looking for!
I can get a picture of one. Or two. My friend has one and a local music shop has one. They both look exactly like fenders. Except the one at the music shop has a weird shaped headstock.
Quote by hminh87
I saw an Ibanez Strat with 3 single coils the other day... I swear it looked exactly like a Fender. Couldn't find the model anywhere. Are these fakes or something?

Nope, both Epiphone and Ibanez have made strat copies.
My music teacher currently plays a vintage Ibanez Strat copy. Sounds real nice for Ska too.
My Epiphone Strat is pretty legit. Itcame in all black, SSS, and a maple board. Thin, comfy neck, surprisingly similar to a Wizard. IT's a awesome guitar, but I really need to redo all the electronics.
I'm back, you douchebags.
Yeah Cobain played one. Not a terrible guitar.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Wow, this SAME topic comes up like once a month....and people always assume that they are all fakes....READ, LEARN, USE THE SEARCH BAR OR GOOGLE. Okay, now that Im done flaming...

Epiphone DID make STRATS!! I've owned three of them.
I even had one with coil tap, set neck, floating bridge, locking nut.....It was a VERY AWESOME guitar....I still regret selling it...

CLICK HERE FOR PROOF!!

also check my profile pics to see my Epi Strats..
Last edited by piecies_81 at May 22, 2008,