Alright so i have this guitar, its made by a company called Indiana, and it had a very slow neck. There seems to be some kind of finish on it, like a gloss almost, that slows me down. My thumb almost sticks to it. I have to pick my thumb up off it to move my hand, i cant just slide. I was just wondering; if i were to use some sand paper on it to bring it down to the bare wood it wouldn't hurt the guitar would it? I mean, its not going to burst into a roaring flame right?
i wouldnt reccoment sanding, if you have wood stain remover or soemthing that might do it, iduno what that'd do to the frets though, nothing id think
id try some fine steel wool, give it a rub and then wipe the neck down with some polish or somthing
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
^^ Don't listen to him. That will fuck your guitar up majorly. you CAN sand it down. You just have to be careful you don't sand the wood, just the finish. Use a rough grain around 40-60. Then move all the way to a 180-200 grit paper to finish it up.
Happy sanding!
EDIT To Wylde14
not the other guy
hehe, not often somebody trys to avoid a flame war here
Quote by Wylde14
i wouldnt reccoment sanding, if you have wood stain remover or soemthing that might do it, iduno what that'd do to the frets though, nothing id think

completely wrong. that'd take it right back to the wood, and you'd have to refinish it. I'd suggest sanding it down with a bit of steel wool or 80-200grit sandpaper, then try finish sanding it in 400 or so. If you can get your hands on it, going from 400-600-800-1200-3200-6000-12000 will give you a damn good finish.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
i always thought the fretboard was unfinished? seemed like it to me, there was a drip of finish on my guitars 1st fret, so i had to take it off. owell i guess I is guitar noob
fretboard????
we are talking about the back of the guitar neck :X
well that explains alot, i was wondering what his thumb was doing up there...

then yes i agree, sand that bitch
I sanded it lightly and it turned out better than i could have ever hoped it would.
Quote by Toker420
I sanded it lightly and it turned out better than i could have ever hoped it would.

This is why people should listen to me.