Now IDK if this has happened to anyone else (I hope it has so I got a clue) but I noticed yesterday evening when playing my Les Paul, when I played the Low E string, I would get this buzz from the amp. Now I thought it was Frett Buzz, but thing was, when I played the guitar unplugged, it sounded like my accoustic. Well I messed around and noticed it only made this off buzz like noise on the Low E string, and only between fret 3 down to 7 or 8. Well I thought hay it may be my amp. Well I got my stratocaster, which I know doesn't have any fret buzz cause I took it all out, well I noticed I could get the same sound, but it was lower pitched. Now I just remembered, I had my selector switch on my Les Paul on Rythum, and I had my strat with the Neck Pickup on (Since the rythum humbucker is near the neck, I set my strat so the neck pickup would work) well like I said I noticed I was getting the same sound, just a little quiter, and if I turned my volume up it would get louder. Now thing is, last night I was playing my amp higher than I usually do, so thats how I noticed it. But I mean has anyone else had this problem? If so is it cause my amp is a practice amp?? (CRATE Flexwave 15R) I just want to know if I am the only one or if there are others who have had this problem. Cause it would give me piece knowing it's my amp, not my guitar. Thanks guys.

Edit: I don't get this buzz noise if I keep my amp quieter (Below the first marker line) and I may add it is pretty loud then, but I get the buzz if the volume is cranked up, so is it my amp? I'm pretty sure it is but I want other people's opinions. Thankies.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gretsch Electromatic 5120
Amp
Crate V33H head w/ Berhinger B412S
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is my pet bunny. Will you play with my bunny?
(")_(")
Last edited by LesPaulCowboy at May 21, 2008,
if its happening with both guitars its the amp. and it sounds like it's the same problem I have with my amps....the speaker is broken and is causing a sort of distortion. I have an amp like that (the speaker problem that is). I would suggest getting a new amp if its bothering you that much (i like the distortion mine gives)
Member 3 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Well I figured it out, cause I wire car stereos and I was thinking cause if a amp is to pwerful for a speaker it makes the same noise. Well I looked into it, my speaker is 4 Ohm, and my Guitar, the humbuckers are (Go figure) 7.8 Ohms (AKA 8 Ohms) so the problem is my speaked isn't big enough to handlt eh bassy punch of the Low E string on frets 9 and up, plus I asked a friend of mine his diagnosis, and I told him, and he thinks it's the speaker. Mich makes since, if my humbuckers are 7.8 and my speaker is 4 then yeah it can't ahndle it, and it only happens when I turn the volume up so, I guess I can live with it till I can get a new speaker. WHich makes me ask, whats a good replacement 12 inch speaker, I was thinking about a Carvin Vintage 30. But any suggestions would work. Note I want something decent priced, and does good. And I assume I should go with a 8 ohm speaker, or should I go 16??? ANyway thanks guys.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")
It may be the speaker, but its not because the speaker's ohms are rated too low.

I know this for a fact because the speakers in my amps are 8 ohms each i think, and my pickups have an output of 17 ohms.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Well it sounds like you got more than one speaker, but IDK, all I know is it's the speaker XD.
Guitar
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Amp
Effects
Crybaby
Keely BD2
(\__/)
(")_(")