Page 1 of 2
A friend of mine is rather overweight (who am i kidding, he's 170 kg), and he's having trouble finding girls. His mom suggested him using an internet dating site. He's 20, do you think this is a good idea? anybody ever tried this?

EDIT: it's not me. look at my pics, i'm not a fatass.

anyway, so he's kind of a hard case... he played WOW excessively until around 18, that's when he befriended me and i started showing him the "real world". anyway, he says he doesn't have the willpower to go to the gym and workout, he wants people to like him the way he is. he has tried hitting on maybe 4,5 girls in his life, but mind you, he has veery low self confidence and self-esteem.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at May 21, 2008,
Tell him to steer clear of cannibals. No matter how sexy they are.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Or maybe he could work out so hes not such a fatass and look for a girl in real life?
Do you have to pay for those?

If not it'd be worth a shot I suppose, not like there's anything to lose by trying it.
That depends. Has he made any attempts at meeting girls otherwise? Cause if he has already tried other things and failed, it might be a good idea, but it should be like a last resort sorta...
Fight the machine.

Quote by slaveofsatan
She lives in the next town!

You must ride your family cow over there and make sweet small town love. Then make sure she isn't the town bicycle.

Ressort (Click to Help Ressort!)
Quote by Kensai
Tell him to steer clear of cannibals. No matter how sexy they are.

LOL. +1

(I think there was a story about a guy who used a dating site to get someone to eat....)

Meh. internet dating is okay.

Persoanally I reccoment slimming world.
And maybe a crash course in how to pick up girls.
translation: I'm rather overweight, and I'm having trouble finding girls. My mom suggested using an internet dating site. I'm 20, do you think this is a good idea? anybody ever tried this?
Guitars :
Fender American Stratocaster
Jackson RR3
Ibanez S470
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by Rick27
Or maybe he could work out so hes not such a fatass and look for a girl in real life?

duh, i've told him this a billion times. he know has the latest idea that he needs anti-depressant medication because he's sad because he's lonely.
he won't listen to anything i tell him.
www.flirtbox.com its free, I joined it for a joke and was surprised to find **** loads of people my age..and they're not all ugly. Don't ask me for more help though I deleted my account heh
Just think about it, hell probably just end up scoring an equally overweight girl who cant find a guy...
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Quote by nodtomc
translation: I'm rather overweight, and I'm having trouble finding girls. My mom suggested using an internet dating site. I'm 20, do you think this is a good idea? anybody ever tried this?

Quote by nodtomc

Translation Nodtomc is a ****ing douche bag
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
Quote by Rick27

That's the best answer for his problem. He can go ahead and try it. He'll get noticed by ppl without having to do anything on a website like true.com

i know cuz my friend and i were being stupid and he made me make a profile there. i get emails from the website all the time saying that so and so user winked at me and stuff. funny cuz there's no pics or anything in it and i don't use it, only created it!!!
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by nodtomc

AHAHAHA OWNED
it's everytime the same trick with the "old friend" who has "problems" huh?

back to topic:
don't use dating sites... they doesn't mean it really serious there... it would be okay if you chat with someone for a really long time about a subject blabla or something like that, but dating sites are not that cool ._.
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by CoreysMonster
duh, i've told him this a billion times. he know has the latest idea that he needs anti-depressant medication because he's sad because he's lonely.
he won't listen to anything i tell him.

Well that is a sign of depression; irrational thinking.
I think internet dating would probably lower his self-esteem and he'd have no idea how to talk to girls irl in the future.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
Well that is a sign of depression; irrational thinking.

Really?

Quote by Ichimaru
I think internet dating would probably lower his self-esteem and he'd have no idea how to talk to girls irl in the future.

I would disagree. I think he could learn a thing or two alteast because he has nothing to lose at first. I mean, it's just the internet and anonimity and stuff. It's alot easier than walking up to girls IRL.

You gotta think baby steps, mate.
170 isnt that fat and this isnt coming from a fatass
Tim Henson 08

Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
Quote by CoreysMonster
what is speed dating?

Ist sonen Treffen von Singles, wo du 5 Minuten oder so Zeit hast um den Gesprächspartner an deinem Tisch kennenzulernen und so, wenn die Zeit vorrüber ist, kommt jemand andres... und so weiter

german ftw
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Quote by CoreysMonster
what is speed dating?

Smash him into girls' windshields in the middle of the highway.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by CoreysMonster
what is speed dating?

Chatting to girls while driving down your local motorway/freeway while doing 90MPH

And i've seen your pictures Corey........F

At

Fat

Quote by Brad52
170 isnt that fat and this isnt coming from a fatass

Kilograms, dude. not pounds.

Quote by HeartRaz0r
Ist sonen Treffen von Singles, wo du 5 Minuten oder so Zeit hast um den Gesprächspartner an deinem Tisch kennenzulernen und so, wenn die Zeit vorrüber ist, kommt jemand andres... und so weiter

german ftw

ach ja!! das kenn ich. waer eig. ganz gut fuer ihn. danke!
Quote by Kensai
Really?

Well I hope so, otherwise I just screwed up my psychology AS

Quote by Kensai
I would disagree. I think he could learn a thing or two alteast because he has nothing to lose at first. I mean, it's just the internet and anonimity and stuff. It's alot easier than walking up to girls IRL.

You gotta think baby steps, mate.

Yeah, but he might start seeing it as a replacement for real-life dating, not see the need to lose weight and not change anything.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by CoreysMonster
Kilograms, dude. not pounds.

so maybe he is too fat to move to the gym is that his problem?
Quote by Moggan13
Chatting to girls while driving down your local motorway/freeway while doing 90MPH

And i've seen your pictures Corey........F

At

Fat

I'm not fat, moggan...
Two words:

Habbo Hotel
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
It's not a guarantee. Unless they plan to date online.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by Rick27
so maybe he is too fat to move to the gym is that his problem?

no it's like, i told him to start off easy, baby steps like Kensai said. start off by going for walks every day, 30 minutes at the beginning. just to get into the routine of exercising a little. He doesn't even want to do that, he says it's pointless, he'll never lose weight that way.
Quote by Ichimaru
Well I hope so, otherwise I just screwed up my psychology AS

I've always thought it was irrational thinking that lead to depression.

But I haven't studied it in a few years.

Quote by Ichimaru
Yeah, but he might start seeing it as a replacement for real-life dating, not see the need to lose weight and not change anything.

Well you do meet IRL on those internet dating sites. I haven't tried any but it would seem completely pointless if you didn't eventually meet.

The dating site could be a bit of a carrot for him, if he decided to get into shape before meeting IRL.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'm not fat, moggan...

You keep telling yourself that...
I'd say go with the flow. He's only 20
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Fat lazy people don't really deserve a date anyway, and I don't think they should get sympathy and anti depressives cos it's not proper depression, it's just realising how rubbish they are. Tell him the only cure is to sort his life out, if it's that big a deal he will be less lazy and go on a diet and stuff, and if he can't be bothered then there's no way you should bother trying to help either.
Quote by Domino
I'd say go with the flow. He's only 20

he's 20, overweight, has never kissed a girl much less touched or slept with one. he's 170 kg's at 185 cm, so not only overweight but obese.

I'd rather get him to change that having him go with the flow.
Quote by CoreysMonster
he's 20, overweight, has never kissed a girl much less touched or slept with one. he's 170 kg's at 185 cm, so not only overweight but obese.

I'd rather get him to change that having him go with the flow.

By go with the flow I kinda meant stick with real life.
Although, internet people may build up his confidence a bit :/ I guess it depends on him
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Page 1 of 2