I know I have to pull the whammy bar to raise the pitch, and push it to lower it. But then it only raises/lowers HALF STEP. I pull/push as hard as I can and only varies half step
Is there anything I can do? BTW, my guitar is a Squier strat. I've read it might have to do with the springs on the back (mine has 3 springs)..

Helpp! pleasee!!

Thanks in advance!
Maybe you need to screw the bar back out.

If your bridge is flat against the body, you don't need to mess with the springs.
pop off the back cover, unscrew the little bracket thingy that's into your body, a bit, then tune it u and try it again? rough guide but w.e
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by MAYNARD
Maybe you need to screw the bar back out.

If your bridge is flat against the body, you don't need to mess with the springs.

if it was flat against the body, he wouldn't be able to raise the pitch
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
pop off the back cover, unscrew the little bracket thingy that's into your body, a bit, then tune it u and try it again? rough guide but w.e

You mean, the 2 screws that are into the body?
wouldn't that damage something?
I need a more detailed explanation
on the bridge itself (on the front of the the guitar), at the top of the bridge there are some screws that connect to the body. if you want a floating trem loosen those.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by latinosuperstud
on the bridge itself (on the front of the the guitar), at the top of the bridge there are some screws that connect to the body. if you want a floating trem loosen those.

what are you on? that isn't how you make it floating trem!!!

here's a very detailed explanation of what i was talking about, it won't hurt your guitar, my guitar teacher's been doing it for 40 years or something like that...

http://members.tripod.com/~AFH/Tips.html

about halfway down, it says Tremolo setup-floating or clamped? (that's where you want)
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808