So the other day I was bored, and so I (stupidly) picked up my SG and started playing with the knobs. I jammed one of the tone knobs way too hard, and so It came loose. It was still attached to the guitar, but I think I might have unscrewed it or somthing. Didn't seem like a huge deal. But here's the bigger issue- I got a screwdriver, and started to unscrew the back of the guitar to check it out, but the screws wouldn't come out. I could turn them with the screwdriver, but for some reason they wouldn't come out. I think the screw holes themselves might be messed up, but if I can't get the back off of the guitar, I can't check them or the tone-knob. Any suggestions?
if it's what i think you're saying....
pull the plastic knob off the pot.

hold the pot stem and tighten the nut under it, holding it on.
dont spin the pot.

then return the plastic knob.

make sure you use the correct sized screw driver or you will strip screws.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Pics or it didnt happen.

Seriously though, it would wise not to mess it up even further and do not, I repeat, DO NOT MAKE ANY PHYSICAL CONTACT with the SG. Back away from the SG and get someone to take it to Sam Ash or Guitar Center and have them fix it. You dont want to taint it any further with your touch of death. As a matter of fact, dont make physical contact with any living creature, lest you become the Angel of Death and kill everything you come in contact with. Sadly, you will die a virgin.

Quote by Twisted Magnum
Pics or it didnt happen.

Seriously though, it would wise not to mess it up even further and do not, I repeat, DO NOT MAKE ANY PHYSICAL CONTACT with the SG. Back away from the SG and get someone to take it to Sam Ash or Guitar Center and have them fix it. You dont want to taint it any further with your touch of death. As a matter of fact, dont make physical contact with any living creature, lest you become the Angel of Death and kill everything you come in contact with. Sadly, you will die a virgin.

LOL...quite the captain sarcasm are we? hmmm?

/yoda mode
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
guys, stop being jerks ok?

i think he knows he can bring it in. isnt that always an option?

but when a guy makes a thread, it's usually to fix a problem.
at the very least, to understand what's going wrong.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
guys, stop being jerks ok?

i think he knows he can bring it in. isnt that always an option?

but when a guy makes a thread, it's usually to fix a problem.
at the very least, to understand what's going wrong.

Yeah, i'm really more concerned with the wood of the guitar than the knob. I think that the grooves inside of the holes might be messed up, and so the screw can't come out.
i dont know how the wood threads can strip on all the screws. and if they are all stripped, then try to use needle nosed pliers to pull the screws out. or to lift the cover off.

but, the knob can be fixed without going into the pup cavity.

WORST CASE, the cavity cover is just plastic and can be pried or cut off and a new one can be put in it's place and new screws holes can be made near the stripped ones. or epoxy can be used to fill in the worn ones.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62