I was looking on ebay for fun or what ever and I saw this guitar for 46 bucks. It looks fender but it only has one pick up and its missing its bridge but I bought it anyway because it was an older guitar from the 60s. It looks pretty interesting too, the headstock is blank too. so here it is:

EDIT: I haven't recieved it yet.

"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
I'd say it's a Fender cause of the headstock. And if you look at the pick-ups, they're similar to those of a Telecaster
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
how would you know its a piece of ****, you've never played it. it could probably be a good guitar if he does a little bit of work on it and adds a bridge pickup
Quote by gibson7192
its called a piece of sh*it
with one crappy pickup
thats a waste of money man

Because you know, don't you.

Quote by ironman1478
how would you know its a piece of ****, you've never played it. it could probably be a good guitar if he does a little bit of work on it and adds a bridge pickup

Play some Jazz.
Well, any time I see a guitar with that headstock and it's missing some identifying marks, my first guess is usually a Teisco. The fact that it's form the 60's just adds to that.

By the way, whoever the idiot what that said stuff like "It's a POS! It's a waste of money! Burn it!" if it does turn out to be a Teisco, I will personally beat you with mine.

At any rate, if you can find some sort of serial number on it when you get it, try running it through some website. If it isn't a Teisco, I'd be willing to bet it's another Japanese Strat copy, which are also pretty good. The way I see it, if you only payed 46 bucks for it, that's a great buy.
Quote by Dizeaz2112
Well, any time I see a guitar with that headstock and it's missing some identifying marks, my first guess is usually a Teisco. The fact that it's form the 60's just adds to that.

By the way, whoever the idiot what that said stuff like "It's a POS! It's a waste of money! Burn it!" if it does turn out to be a Teisco, I will personally beat you with mine.

At any rate, if you can find some sort of serial number on it when you get it, try running it through some website. If it isn't a Teisco, I'd be willing to bet it's another Japanese Strat copy, which are also pretty good. The way I see it, if you only payed 46 bucks for it, that's a great buy.

It probably is a teisco, i checked out a website and it looks like a teisco. I probably have to dig deeper but thanks for the info on that. It could be a japanese strat copy, and that would be cool too man. I guess teisco got bought out by kawaii or something?

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
Quote by guitarnoobie
Looks like a good buy. Tell us how it sounds when you get it.

I will, and in a couple weeks I hope to record it so you guys can hear how sweet it will possibly sound. But i'll let you guys know.

Quote by pepsi1187
Quote by The_lizard_king
It probably is a teisco, i checked out a website and it looks like a teisco. I probably have to dig deeper but thanks for the info on that. It could be a japanese strat copy, and that would be cool too man. I guess teisco got bought out by kawaii or something?

The company actually went out of business by the late 60's/early 70's. Not sure exactly when. They also went by quite a few names.

But the thing about it not having identifying marks or signs on it, the Teisco signs were just glued on. They eventually just fell off, and people would wonder what guitar they have. I've got one that still has the plastic piece on it, so I was a little lucky there.

Anyways...yeah. Like I said, when you get it, either check the serial number yourself on some website, or I could check it for you.
Quote by Dizeaz2112
The company actually went out of business by the late 60's/early 70's. Not sure exactly when. They also went by quite a few names.

But the thing about it not having identifying marks or signs on it, the Teisco signs were just glued on. They eventually just fell off, and people would wonder what guitar they have. I've got one that still has the plastic piece on it, so I was a little lucky there.

Anyways...yeah. Like I said, when you get it, either check the serial number yourself on some website, or I could check it for you.

Yeah if i don't have a serial number, could you check it out? Thanks dude, I bet it'll sound good. It'll be interesing having only one pick up.

Quote by pepsi1187