So my friend just called me up and said that our local music shop has an Ampeg 8x10 on sale for $270. He said there's a few rips in the tolex, but it works. I'm not a huge fan of the fridge, but I could buy it and easily make $400 profit on it. What do you think?
Go for it. Nothing like pr0fit. Also, for $270, why not? You may end up liking it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I'll pass on this discussion. For obvious reasons, I am the WRONG person to ask this.

But those Ampeg cabinets are nice and highly resellable.
What possible reason is there NOT to go for this?

Do it.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Also, you people have to take this into account. I live in America's #1 retirement town, I'm not sure how many people are looking to make an investment like this. I also don't even have a head to run it through. So basically it would be a giant paperweight for me right now.

Plus, if I cant sell it, my parents would be WAY pissed off. You know, blowing $300 on something that you can't even use...
Still do it. It'll be worth it when you're able to sell it. Plus, you could always put it on Ebay if you're willing to ship that monster (that I love ).
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Ah. Giving that new information it may need to be reconsidered.

Having said that, if you were considering upgrading to a head-cab setup this would be a good start.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Forcemaster
Ah. Giving that new information it may need to be reconsidered.

Having said that, if you were considering upgrading to a head-cab setup this would be a good start.

Honestly, that's a good idea too. As much as you may hate to haul the thing around, it's a beast of a cab. It'll be a heck of a start for someone upgrading from a combo amp.
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

^he doesn't have a head.

buy it. if you can't sell it, pull out all the speakers, stick a piece of wood in there, and make a table. then ebay the speakers.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom