So I was playing my guitar today,(it's a schecter omen) and I noticed a couple of tone problems coming from the guitar. I get a screwdriver and start working, I don't realize that what I'm actually doing is unscrewing the neck, I unscrewed it almost all the way, then I realized what I was doing, and tried to fix it. Now my guitar goes out of tune every five minutes and there's way too much space between strings and neck, the screws won't go back to where they were and I feel like such an idiot. Any help would be appreciated.
Quote by AttractiveToday
Take it to your nearest guitar shop. Don't even try fixing it even if you know how.

Thats probably the best bet but did you loosen the tension on the strings before you tried to screw the neck back on in not I might would try that.
My Gear

Schecter Gryphon with Seymour Duncan JB Bridge and Jazz Neck PU's
Fender Superchamp XD Amp
Bad Monkey Pedal
Take all the strings off, rescrew the neck completely on (make sure it's tight) and then put new strings on.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
placing the neck is a huge pain in the ass, take it to a pro... it's way too much for you

(i'm not saying that you're dumb or anything, but if you didn't notice you were unscrewing the neck, you probably can't fix it)
Quote by deluxity
placing the neck is a huge pain in the ass, take it to a pro... it's way too much for you

(i'm not saying that you're dumb or anything, but if you didn't notice you were unscrewing the neck, you probably can't fix it)

I didn't think of that, ignore my post.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!