i have been playing for about a year and was wondering what could be some easy metal songs for someone of my skill
hmm maybe some avenged sevenfold songs, or another good one would be forever by as i lay dying..they play in dropped C but i would just tune to dropped D if i were you
Quote by nine01n
hmm maybe some avenged sevenfold songs, or another good one would be forever by as i lay dying..they play in dropped C but i would just tune to dropped D if i were you

They said METAL.

Try Breaking the Law by Judas Priest, probably one of the easiest out there.
for whom the bell tolls and the first half of seek and destroy are easy if you like metallica, symphony of destruction and trust other than the solos are easy by megadeth and the serpentine offering if you are a black metal fan
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Quote by punkmetalA7X91
for whom the bell tolls and the first half of seek and destroy are easy if you like metallica, symphony of destruction and trust other than the solos are easy by megadeth and the serpentine offering if you are a black metal fan

+1
also try motorbreath and no remorse
real easy song
Dick+strings= owww
Maiden never fails. Most songs have riffs, harmonies, interludes and solos making it diverse and challenging, even for experienced guitarists. Not all the songs will provide the biggest challenges, but a lot of them are worth checking out. Rainmaker or Afraid to shoot strangers are both pretty nice. If Maiden isn't your thing, then you could check out Iced Earth which is most of the time not too technical, but very rhythmic and heavy.
Try "Rumors of War" by High on Fire
its in drop c but its a fun easy tune
Quote by Big Floyd
Try "Rumors of War" by High on Fire
its in drop c but its a fun easy tune

Do you have the tab? Is it up somewhere?
seek and destroy by metallica
fairly easy and really fun. gotta love the intro.
Current Gear:
ESP LTD MH-250
Ibanez rg470
Peavey ValveKing 112
Blackheart little giant head
2 homemade 112 cabinets
Boss SD-1
Apart from the solos, some slayer stuff is pretty easy ... like Raining blood, South Of Heaven or Dead Skin Mask.
Quote by Cuddrow
Maiden never fails. Most songs have riffs, harmonies, interludes and solos making it diverse and challenging, even for experienced guitarists. Not all the songs will provide the biggest challenges, but a lot of them are worth checking out. Rainmaker or Afraid to shoot strangers are both pretty nice. If Maiden isn't your thing, then you could check out Iced Earth which is most of the time not too technical, but very rhythmic and heavy.

The rhythms yes but the solos not even close to easy
a few others could be all of living after midnight, paranoid and iron man and holy diver and rainbow in the dark other than the solos
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
You can try some Accept. They do those moladic scales.
Fast as a shark...yeah thats when the double base drums started.lol

Maybe some Riot....they did a remake of
Racing with the devil on a spanish highways. It sounds pretty cool

The troper or hollowed be thy name is fun to play
Last edited by Ordinary at May 21, 2008,
if ur a newer metal fan try Hand of Blood by bullet for my valentine, or for i trickier one "like light to flies" by trivium. but if your more of an older metal fan try number of the beast by iron maiden, or thunderstruck if your an ok tapper and if you consider AC DC metal
Quote by Scarlotmoon
i have been playing for about a year and was wondering what could be some easy metal songs for someone of my skill

You didn't tell us what your skill was. Could you elaborate on what you can play/what techniques you're decent at/what techniques you need lots of work on?

Just as a recommendation for good rhythm practice and solos that aren't overly difficult, try "Powerslave" by Iron Maiden or "You've Got Another Thing Coming" by Judas Priest.