I've heard of them and seen them, but i've never figured out what they are. I just saw a boss loop pedal on Musiciansfriend, and it said something about it records stuff, is that it, or am i mistaken. So, what exactly IS a loop pedal?
O O

___
It records you playing for a certain amount of time and plays it back, but loops it.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
It plays a recorded phrase again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again..................
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
You can play something that records onto it and it plays back either once or forever. you can use this to practice solos, cause you can play over the "loop" as it plays back.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
It just records you playing a riff or a progression, then plays it back thru your amp. Check out a kt tunstall live video or a video of Jaco Pastorious playing "Slang" live to see what you can do with one.
great for Jazz!
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

alot of dude in new york just set up outside somewhere, and then they will tap on there acoustic guitar, and loop it, for a drum sound. then play and sing over top of it.
^ so these things sound like fun to play around with... true?
O O

___
theres also another kind of loop pedal.

it normally has a few switches, basically you can setup your effects so when you hit a button on the loop box, it can turn on or off numerous effects at the same time. Good for songs needing certain effects at a certain time.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
theres also another kind of loop pedal.

it normally has a few switches, basically you can setup your effects so when you hit a button on the loop box, it can turn on or off numerous effects at the same time. Good for songs needing certain effects at a certain time.

Sorry to hijack, but how is your Monsterpiece Fuzz? I have heard nothing but good and for the price they sound like they can't be beat.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Sorry to hijack, but how is your Monsterpiece Fuzz? I have heard nothing but good and for the price they sound like they can't be beat.

Today's actually the first time i've been able to really play with it.

Its really good, i'm not quite used to fuzz's yet, but from what its supposed to do, it sounds great. I really like the NPN and how it cleans up but the PNP is good for really biting leads. I like it though, i just need to get accustomed to fuzz pedals.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Awesome. I've been in the market for a fuzz but can't get the money for a really "good boutique" one so I have been looking at those and some other ones like the Catalinbread V8. I was pretty much set but I might have to see if I can get my hands on a Monsterpiece.
Quote by TheBax

I had a 4 second loop function on my old delay, and now have 23 seconds to toy with. I have to say I am lookin forward to putin it to more use.

You can make crazy droning stuff, layer some chords, practice solos, and it has and will help me a ton in the future with multiple part songs, and makin sure it's in key, or at least sounds cool.
i have one its awesome

i dont need friends

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

wow i always thought it was some weird delay that did that. How much are they for a good one?
Quote by TheBax

i just got a boss loop station the other week. its just the one pedal one with 16 mins of recording time, 11 savable phrase locations, and some drum beats. its pretty cool. id like to get a better one though but this one is pretty good for the money and size. usually ill put on a drum beat, then play some progression on guitar, plug in the bass, play a bass line, plug in the guitar and then play over the song. and because it keeps looping what you play you can harmonize with yourself while soloing or have like 12 guitar parts. its pretty fun to mess around with. theres also some way to hook up an MP3 player to it to play along or loop part of a song or what ever but i havent done that yet.