My first guitar (It's actually not playable, but I got it from my aunt) had it's original strings which were 42 years old on it.
It's a worthless guitar though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
about 39 years.
it was on a gibson es 175. hadnt been changed since '67, i got it in '06
1 yeeeeeeeaaaaarrrrrrrrrr
and like
4 months.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
The strings on my bass are probably around 3 years old, I still play it on a regular basis. Stays in tune great too!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i havent changed my acoustic strings since September 13th, 2007
and my squier telecaster and my dean evo xm that would be the same day and that would be like march 16th 2008, i think.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
2 months haha.. i sweat when i play and they get rusty despite being wiped down
Quote by The_lizard_king
i havent changed my acoustic strings since September 13th, 2007
and my squier telecaster and my dean evo xm that would be the same day and that would be like march 16th 2008, i think.

Just a question, but why do u know the exact dates? :P

Mine is probably the ones I have on now, which are maybe 8 months to a year at most. I always broke my 9 gauges, and tried some 10's... they never break, but they sound like shiit now.
I remember them because That was the second week I was working my first job you see and I had a set of strings which were like d'addiaros (spelling?) or something, they broke and I decided to get some strings well anyway im good with dates and I had a test the next day but i skipped school to chill and I have a decent memory too also for the electric strings i changed them before i went to my grandmother's going away party and I remember taking the 16th off from work to attend the going away party.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
well i got a like gibson electic/acoustic guitar (not shure of exact name).......it was bought in like 1964 and its been all throughout canada and hasnt had its strings changed since...and it still plays really nicely
4 weeks
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
The strings on my Martin acoustic are 5 or 6 years old at this point, dont go out of tune either. They are D'Addarios
Gear:

Guitar

1977 Ibanez Les Paul
1972 (rough guess, give or take a year) Peavey Classic VTX Series Tube Amp
Behringer X V-amp
the strings on my epiphone have to be at least 3 years old, they feel really nasty, but they still sound ok.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
wow. i play really aggressivly, so i end up changing strings around every 2-6 weeks. although my classical guitar still has the stock strings on it, but the D is unraviling at the fifth fret.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Give or take two months with the ones on my Charvel and Jackson, but they could use a change as they are out of whack in terms of intonation. I play around 4 hours every day though, so given about two hour son each guitar for about 60 days, that isn't bad.