i am currently debating which type of 7 string guitar i should buy. lookin for something with a standard strat shape and kick ass tone. other nice features would be a markless fret board or a fixed bridge. anyone got any good suggestions?
Exactly, what is your budget, and what style of music do you intend to play with it?
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
Loomis sig if you have the money. If not than generic schecter 7 string.
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

I have the loomis and its the ****, i wank the floyd every night and its still perfectly in tune.
Quote by StealthyHayze
I have the loomis and its the ****, i wank the floyd every night and its still perfectly in tune.

True, but its horridly ugly.
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
I'd say if you're wanting the strat shape, and a ticker neck, Schecter, but if you want a thin neck Ibanez. What's your budget? Then we can start giving you model names to check out.
id say my budget would probly be no higher then $1000. i play alot of metalcore stuff like unearth. any models i should check out?
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
Last edited by closertofreewil at May 22, 2008,
Oh man, if You play Unearth Metalcore type stuff, the S7320 is the ideal choice, they use S-series 7's for all of their stuff (Buz does play some UV's and customs though) but they use S series as their primary guitar.
Ibanez and schecter make amazing 7 strings. I prefer Schecter's because i like the feel of them better.

From ibanez i would look into the S620EXQM, UV777, S7320 or the RG 1570 in 7 string.

As from Schecter theres the Blackjack ATX, Hellraiser, 007.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by Twisted Magnum
The S620 is a 6-string.

Ya sorry, my bad. im stupid.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by closertofreewil
True, but its horridly ugly.

That's a matter of taste, I for one, like the looks.
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
If you are playing Unearth type stuff definitely go for the Ibanez S7320.

Ken and Buz use EMG 707 humbuckers if you wanna swap the pu's to get closer to their tone.
you could always get the Ibanez 1527, or whatever guitar Chris Broderick uses.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.