Page 1 of 2
I was wondering if anyone here in the pit partakes in any shenanigans on stage, or has seen any other bands doing this? probably one of my favorite aspects of live shows, seen some that were pretty hilarious. lets see, lol, some good ones i remember... Goldfinger's drummer sometimes puts a twinkie in his ass, and then someone from the crowd comes and takes a bite out of it. One time this band called Screaming Mechanical Brain was on tour with another band, and they toilet papered them while the other band was playing their last song. people in their hometown also have this tradition of throwing mass ammounts of plastic spoons on stage while they're playing. got any others?
Quote by reelbigfish2020
Goldfinger's drummer sometimes puts a twinkie in his ass, and then someone from the crowd comes and takes a bite out of it.

Uh, what?

EDIT: Look up GG Allen.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
The Flaming Tsunamis encourage their fans to have giant pool noodle fights. I have yet to partake in one though

What's with everyone saying shenanigans today?
pantera used to throw drinks out into the croud.
i wish i could have had the plesure of seeing them live
fender strat
dean ml shadow
didgitech rp200a
fender amp
line 6 spider 3 amp
I once saw a band all dress up in christmas sweaters, and then the singer led a conga line outside where everyone started dancing. I forget what they were called though... they weren't very famous.
There's this local Detroit band called Beggars. Their singer is the definition of stage shenanigans. He'll do things like wrap the mic around the guitar and sing from it while it's hanging, throw the mic through his legs and hit himself in the head, rip holes in his pants and have the audience guess how large, only to give them his socks as a prize. Hilarious dude.
My band plays jump rope with their guitar cables during a drum or bass solo.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by Havox
The Flaming Tsunamis encourage their fans to have giant pool noodle fights. I have yet to partake in one though

idk, but they gave me the idea for the thread.
Quote by Havox

I swear to God I'll pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans!
Sorry, couldn't resist!
but yup, I've seen a band where at the end of every concert, everyone in the band beat the crap out of the singer, needless to say, the band didn't last.
If you break a world speed record for a video game, are you a winner, or just someone who REALLY needs to go outside?

Quote by AdemaOnYourHead
My favorite Pokemon is still Dave Mustaine.
My band plays Brainstew/Jaded by Greenday.And during the Jaded part(incase you havent heard it,its super fast sloppy punk) i have a wireless system on my bass so I will jump into the crowd and mosh along with them.I frequently challenge a spectator to a wrestling match.but i think my favorite is i have this rope that i tie from my belt to my amp(which is pretty huge and usually anchored down and then ill take a solo and lean backwards into the crowd.Ill have kids pulling me and even chiks trying to kiss me.But all in all its a geat way to end the song.
In our attempt to seek individualty,we have all become the same

Im so hardcore I could kick a puppy right now
Quote by freakincody7
i saw a guy get his head shaved by the guy from mindless self indulgence for free merch.

i read somewhere that they like collected piss in a bucket and dumped it on the crowd or something, lol, anyone else see this?
I remember seeing a video of LoG where someone threw a water bottle at Randy Blythe. He threw it back, hit the kid in the face, and said "nice throw, faggot." I lol'd.

I remember hearing about some famous guitarist (I forget who) who broke his strap in the middle of a solo, caught it before it hit the ground with his picking hand, and continued the solo entirely with his playing hand, all quite majestically.

At a huge annual festival around here, Black Stone Cherry was playing, and for one of their songs the guitarist jumped into the crowd and entered a mosh pit, guitar in hand and still playing the song.

And let's not forget that one guy in that one black metal band who simply shot himself on stage. Can't beat that.

Oh, and Phil from ATR signing some guy's dick. Not something I would do, but you gotta give him credit, being a straight man (to my knowledge).
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I saw Faith No more at Brixton Academy in the UK a long time ago and Patton took his shoe off and pissed in it, threw the piss in to the crowd and put his shoe back on. Later on he jumped on the bassist, forced him to the ground, pulled his trousers down and humped him.... the bassist looked a little pissed of by this.

A lot of high jinx but they were a bit **** that night tbh.
one time i threw my drum stick off the stege and it impailed this guys eye, lol oh well, im sure he was ok
One time at show I ate a hamburger during a part where I didn't need my left hand. Then another time during the same part when I was sick, I had some Dayquil and I drank from the bottle. That kind of stuff and goofing around with the crowd/other members. I'm probably forgetting a good one...
We're only strays.
I once saw this guy burn his guitar about 35 year's later it sold for about 400 thousand pounds. Crazy huh?

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by Havox

I ****ing love that band. I was going to go to one of their shows, but I was waiting outside the venue and there was a gas leak so it got cancelled. It's not going to reopen, and that was like 2 years ago.

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Quote by KISSguitarist
I once saw this guy burn his guitar about 35 year's later it sold for about 400 thousand pounds. Crazy huh?

You saw Jimi Hendrix? :P

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
One of my old drummers had a pair of fire resistant drumsticks (don't ask) and would pour kerosene on his crashes and light em up. Course they sounded like absolute **** afterwards.
Well shit man.
I play using a knife as a pick sometimes.

advice: tape the blade off.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Girl Talk bought $500 worth of Taco Bell for a crowd once. That would've been a sweet show to be at.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by mcrocks
I swear to God I'll pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans!

"Hey Favre, what's that place you like with all that stupid **** on the walls?"
Quote by mafropetee

And let's not forget that one guy in that one black metal band who simply shot himself on stage. Can't beat that.

who?
i play an 8 string
Quote by pancakes
You saw Jimi Hendrix? :P

Yes, Yes i did.

In my dream.

*runs out of thread crying*

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by stringmagician
"Hey Favre, what's that place you like with all that stupid **** on the walls?"

" Your talking about shenaningans right"
Wake up
Your hiding in your nightmares
Your screaming behind closed eyes
What the hell are you waiting for
Quote by loganrocksabass
who?

I wanna say the guy from Mayhem, but I know that's wrong.

It happened, trust me. I think he used a shotgun.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Holy ****! that would either be the best or the worst concert you could ever go to, depending on where he shot himself and if it was a shotgun:

Leg: Awesome
Head: Crazy
Arms: Crazy Awesome!
If you break a world speed record for a video game, are you a winner, or just someone who REALLY needs to go outside?

Quote by AdemaOnYourHead
My favorite Pokemon is still Dave Mustaine.
Quote by pancakes
I ****ing love that band. I was going to go to one of their shows, but I was waiting outside the venue and there was a gas leak so it got cancelled. It's not going to reopen, and that was like 2 years ago.

I was gonna see them in Key West this past summer but when they arrived at the venue they weren't allowed to play, as they were kicked out for blowing out the amps and creepily hitting on my friend's sister the time they played before.

Recently got the whole Fear Everything album, which is bitchin. Only need to get Focus the Fury...
Well, me and my fellow guitarist both have wireless, so for the beginning of every set, we go outside the venue with our guitars. the band then starts playing, we play along outside and about halfway-ish through the song in the middle of a breakdown we bust out from the back of the room and throwdown with all the crazy kids. Guitar spins ensue, one time I hit a kid with my guitar so I gave him the shirt of my back (literally) and one of my bands shirts and our EP.

And, this one time, I stage dived off a 4 meter stack of speakers...into a crowd of people who were there to see the band after us lol

Stage *un-speakable S word* = super fun
Our band covers Bulls on Parade (we started covering it a good while before Guitar Hero 3 came out, btw.)

In the solo for it, which I would usually play by scratching the strings with the pick while muting them and opening/closing my wah pedal, but lately I've just been slinging the guitar off my back and doing the robot and random dance moves with the singer comes up and scratches the strings with his mic. Good times.
My stuff:

ESP EX-50
SX Telecaster Replica
Jade 75 watt amp
15 Watt Mega-amp, lol.
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Digitech RP50
i went to go see my buddies band for my 17th birthday cause their new singer was "so awesome"

he was ****ing brutal alright. the guy was pissed out of his tree, and by the 3rd song, completely naked.. not too pretty since the guy was like.. 5'10 and 230 lbs..

death metal at its finest.

when another band was playing he punched out the guitarist as well.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Cypress Hill gives out drugs on stage.

..That was actually pretty annoying to someone like me who didn't want to inhale the smoke.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I remember seeing this grindcore band at a local pub called Kummbunzbootiebitchbunch. At one point they threw a huge block of cheese into the crowd and the person that could hold on to it for the longest time got a free t-shirt. They also threw letter shaped cookies into the crowd and you would get a free t-shirt if you could spell the band name with them on stage. Good times, good times.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I have a couple moves that I pull on stage. Nothing major, really, but it entertains.

There's the shotgun, bug you for a drink (works best with a cute girl), moonwalk, stare at the cutest girl there while doing a BASS SOLO (yes, they exist! I think I invented it ), drink & play, mess with guitarist's pedal board during a solo, hit a crash with my bass, headstock into the singer's butt, suicide by instrument cable, the classic rig jump, I spilled my water, the classic bass drum stand, monitor perching, can has kiss? (a trademark of mine), bass spins...

But really, the best part is playing your instrument properly. Good stage antics keep the show entertaining, but at least play the music properly, or you'll just look like you're wanking, and the rest of the band won't be pleased.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
A band I know from the local area called "Badaxe" used to get up to to all sorts of stuff, at one point they were banned from playing at most places.

- Lead singer/bassist would only wear trainers + bermuda shorts with a dildo hanging out.
- He'd often take a shit in a bucket on stage.
- He used a radio connection for his bass and would run outside the venue to play in the street. He also brought a wheelie bin from out side onto the stage once and started throwing rubbish from it into the crowd.
- All their songs are very politically incorrect. The "Concorde" song for instance which they wrote around the time of the crashes. He had a pre-made paper aeroplane that he would set fire to and throw across the room at the finale.

The chorus to one of their most loved songs can still be heard from time to time when someone puts Oasis on the jukebox; "Don't look back in anger... Liam's a wanker!"
Page 1 of 2