So I play pretty much anything, Jazz to Metallica, I have an Ibanez RG right now, going to buy a nice ESP or Ibanez soon, I was looking at this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Hot-Rod-DeVille-212?sku=480509

Will it handle a Metallica distortion? I will never go heavier at all, but I want decent cleans as well, but more importantly at least a GOOD distortion, because most of my music is distortion driven, I'm fine with tightening up with a few pedals but at least if it's good on it's on, I don't want pure pedal OD/Distortion.

Thanks,
Derek
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

*bump*
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

wow, *BUMP*
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

No it won't, but after you buy that the only thing you will want to play is cleans.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by LightningRider
No it won't

That was helpful.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty
So I play pretty much anything, Jazz to Metallica, I have an Ibanez RG right now, going to buy a nice ESP or Ibanez soon, I was looking at this:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Hot-Rod-DeVille-212?sku=480509

Will it handle a Metallica distortion? I will never go heavier at all, but I want decent cleans as well, but more importantly at least a GOOD distortion, because most of my music is distortion driven, I'm fine with tightening up with a few pedals but at least if it's good on it's on, I don't want pure pedal OD/Distortion.

Thanks,
Derek

It is a kickass amp, but may I suggest the 4x10 model. My buddies dad has one, and it sounds sweet.

They take od's pretty good, but on their own I dunno if they will get quite that heavy, but you said that wouldn't be a problem.

If you have never played on a fender amp, you will crap yourself when you hear the clean channel it's so good.
if you get distortion from a pedal get the amp because it has fantastic cleans

i would recommend a peavey classic 30 or 50

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

might I reccomend the Crate V50? (or one of it's larger versions)

this amp's only 400USD and sounds amazing. It's all tube and the cleans are similar to the Hot Rod. The biggest difference is that it has killer distortion. It can get you a really great metal sound and it's loud enough for gigs, but if you really like the sound of the Hot Rod, then you should just probably go with that. You should be able to find a good pedal for the sound you're looking for, but if not, the crate is a really good amp.