Here's the deal: Type O Negative and Hatebreed are touring together this summer. They'll be coming to where I live.

I want to see Type O. I've never seen them before, but like their music. They're also getting up there in years, and it could be that they won't tour much in the future. I don't want to miss the last chance to feasibly see them.

The problem is that I don't care for Hatebreed… at all.

Is it worth it to go and stand through 2 bands I'm not into (Hatebreed + opener) to see Type O? It probably won't even be that long of a set anyways :/. The show is ~$25, which isn't a lot for me at this time.

-SD
It's worth it to see Type O Negative.

And you might like the opener. Though I also don't like Hatebreed, sometimes a bands energy live can magnify the good elements.

And I'm glad this isn't a real versus thread.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Phill-Rock
It's worth it to see Type O Negative.

And you might like the opener. Though I also don't like Hatebreed, sometimes a bands energy live can magnify the good elements.

And I'm glad this isn't a real versus thread.

I know better than to do that in here, lol.

The opener is 3 Inches Of Blood. From what I've heard on iTunes music store, they are okay but not something I'd pay to see by themselves.

-SD
Last edited by SilentDeftone at May 21, 2008,
^I know you do.

And I wouldn't risk reporting you anyway.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Its worth it. Especially considering its only $25.
Quote by Lamont

i once dreamt my wallet was on a helicopter and i chased after it. and eventually i pulled my dick out and lassoed the bottom of the copter and pulled it out of the sky. i woke up screaming
i don't like hatebreed but their shows are still fun with all of the crowd involvement.

plus they have a more intense sound live than on CD

i wanted to go to this show but was unfortunately restricted. you should go if you have the chance, you will undoubtedly enjoy it.
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
3 Inches of Blood are actually quite good, but they can be a bit boring. Not really something you haven't heard before as a whole, though they have some great songs.

I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up enjoying them.

There's always the option of hanging back, getting a drink or something, then moving up to the front for Type O Negative.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

listen to 3 inches of blood there awesome
Lets make a toast...To women's underwear its not the best thing in the world but its next to it...
that concert is coming here Hatebreed sucks IMO but im still going Does anyone know if there is an age limit? thanks
Quote by jackson action
that concert is coming here Hatebreed sucks IMO but im still going Does anyone know if there is an age limit? thanks

It's 16+ here.

I'm 20, so drinking at the show isn't going to happen.

-SD
Quote by SilentDeftone
I know better than to do that in here, lol.

The opener is 3 Inches Of Blood. From what I've heard on iTunes music store, they are okay but not something I'd pay to see by themselves.

-SD

The way I see it, you relax during 3 inches of blood, then come out and mosh like a maniac for Hatebreed, giving the 14 year olds the what for. (even though I don't like Hatebreed, the pit should be fun.) Then, as Phill said, come up to the front for Type O Negative and enjoy. IMO, definetly worth it.
Up the Punx!
Ah, it's 18 here.

Tough break.

Still, there's always something else going on during metal shows to occupy some time.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

I don't like Hatebreed, but they might surprise you and put on a good show. And Type O Negative are definitely worth seeing

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Type O Negative are hilarious... and I hear Hatebreed are insanely energetic live, Id go to that fo'sho.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I would definitely go. I don't care for them much but Hatebreed put on an awesome show.

I'll have a bourbon.
that's an awesome tour...yeh hardcore is kinda the same ...but hatebreed are some of the masters of that genre and they're pretty good...especially their first two albums..even more so the first...
type o is great i saw them on Halloween once with andrew w.k.
it kicked ass
they were both really good live
I'd see Type O for any price, even sitting through Hatebreed. And for 25 bucks? I'd be there in a heartbeat. This tour isn't coming near me, and I want to see Type O so bad. They NEED to come to Ontario, and soon.
I echo the majority of the previous sentiments.

And if they're any good now as they were on the Symphony for the Devil DVD then it'd be worth checking out in spite of the support.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
I was very confused by this thread when I first saw it. It's a Vs thread including one band that isn't allowed here...made by SD.

Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
What did you think of Hatebreed?

Having been a few hardcore shows as well as having seen some of Hatebreed's set at Ozzfest '07, I can say for sure that hardcore is almost always better live than on recording.
i'd go for sure, it's a band that you love and it's not too much. you can just sit out for Hatebreed and the opener, and if you are pleasantly surprised by them jump into the action.

EDIT: seems i'm a bit late
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by SilentDeftone
Hatebreed was okay, good energy.

It helped a lot that some girl was running her hands all over my body for most of their set.

-SD

Did you know her?

Or is this something I wasn't aware of about hardcore music? It explains the popularity of it.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish