so this guy i knew (not really a friend friend but still a friend) killed himself yesterday. he was on my rugby team which is how i knew him. he was a senior and he had a full scholarship to clemson university, he had a ton of friends and was pretty popular. he was a monster athlete, he was top in the state for wrestling and scored most all our trys at rugby. yesterday when i heard the news i didnt really act on it or anything, i felt apathetic. today at school EVERYONE was talking about it, i dont think there is a soul in the school who didnt know about it. anyway i just looked at our rugby team picture and saw him and this is the first time since it happened that ive felt affected by it..why would anyone want to kill themselves? he wasnt a nerd or anything i dont know what could have been wrong with his life but i wish someone would have known and helped him before it was too late.
He probably had unknown (to you) problems at home
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
maybe he just didn't feel a purpose in life. it seems like he had everything so there was nothing left.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

probably, but like i said every soul at my school including all the teachers know about it and i dont think anyone (as far as ive heard) has any idea why. i saw him at school the day he did it he seemed just fine. he left school early around 1 or 2 and shot himself in the bathroom. its crazy **** it just makes u feel strange
People have problems and they decide they don't want to deal with them anymore. End of.

Love the Low end
Quote by nine01n
so this guy i knew (not really a friend friend but still a friend) killed himself yesterday. he was on my rugby team which is how i knew him. he was a senior and he had a full scholarship to clemson university, he had a ton of friends and was pretty popular. he was a monster athlete, he was top in the state for wrestling and scored most all our trys at rugby. yesterday when i heard the news i didnt really act on it or anything, i felt apathetic. today at school EVERYONE was talking about it, i dont think there is a soul in the school who didnt know about it. anyway i just looked at our rugby team picture and saw him and this is the first time since it happened that ive felt affected by it..why would anyone want to kill themselves? he wasnt a nerd or anything i dont know what could have been wrong with his life but i wish someone would have known and helped him before it was too late.

Only nerds commit suicide?
Yeah most likely things no one else knew about but you never know...

Its one of those things where you want to write it down so you can ask the big man when your time comes you know? Or maybe its just me...
I'm Tyler
Quote by nine01n
why would anyone want to kill themselves? he wasnt a nerd or anything

Someone being an athletic all-star doesn't have any impact whatsoever on their mental status. Ignorance is bliss, right? Maybe all of his friends were fake and he had no true friends to confide in? Maybe as was said he was having problems at home? Maybe he had a severe chemical imbalance? Maybe he was on drugs?
: : Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Ibanez Acoustic-Electric
Fender Black Strat
: : Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde Distortion & Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender Tuner
alot of times people dont show their problems... guy i knew was just messing around with his friends and left to go to the bathroom and he killed himself in the bathroom.... and one of my best friends drowned herself last year, she never showed any problems.... however, there are usually signs
i didnt mean only nerds commit suicide. what i mean is if i had the blessings this guy had no way in hell id even think about committing suicide. seems like youd commit suicide if your life was ****, wife cheated on you lost your job, some **** like that. not a good lookin talented athletic senior with a bright future
Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. There's not always a clear reason as to why some people do it. Many times they are going through a tough time and nobody really knows about it and they just want to give up. But, I'm really sorry to hear about this. It seems as if more and more people are commiting suicide lately and it's very sad situation. I know you "he's a friend of a friend" which suggests that you didn't know him very well, but I wish the best for you, his family and and his friends.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Quote by nine01n
probably, but like i said every soul at my school including all the teachers know about it and i dont think anyone (as far as ive heard) has any idea why. i saw him at school the day he did it he seemed just fine. he left school early around 1 or 2 and shot himself in the bathroom. its crazy **** it just makes u feel strange

they say people are usually at their highest right before they kill themselves because they have been stressed out and finally are at peace with their decision to end it all.
Lots of reasons you will never know.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by nine01n
i didnt mean only nerds commit suicide. what i mean is if i had the blessings this guy had no way in hell id even think about committing suicide. seems like youd commit suicide if your life was ****, wife cheated on you lost your job, some **** like that. not a good looking talented athletic senior with a bright future

"One man's trash is another man's treasure" - flipped may help explain. Just because he was athletically gifted does not mean he was happy with it. He may have had "fake" friends, his parents may have been pushing him to do things with his life that he did not want to do. He may have wanted to go to a school to gain an education in video game design, but his parents may have been forcing him to go to Clemson.

In my experience, most blessings have negatives attached, but they may be subtle to some people. Just because you think he had all these blessings doesn't mean he felt the same way.

Unfortunately, that's life and his action is permanent. Although I do not know him, I feel no remorse for him whatsoever, although I feel sorry for his family and friends.
: : Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Ibanez Acoustic-Electric
Fender Black Strat
: : Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde Distortion & Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender Tuner
Quote by nine01n
i didnt mean only nerds commit suicide. what i mean is if i had the blessings this guy had no way in hell id even think about committing suicide. seems like youd commit suicide if your life was ****, wife cheated on you lost your job, some **** like that. not a good lookin talented athletic senior with a bright future

Not all suicide are because of the person going through "bad times". People think differently. They all have different value. Maybe you value these things that the guy had so him "giving them up" makes no sense to you.
I can only asssume so I don't really know though. It's something no one will ever understand.

Love the Low end
I'm not trying to be offensive, but sometimes suicides are cover ups. Last year, a friend of mind (popular, well like) killed himself, or so we were told. The truth was (very few people know) that he was hanging himself and masturbating, the asphyxiation giving some people a better feeling. His parents said it was suicide to avoid embarrassing him and themselves.

Singer from INXS died the same way.
Quote by metaldud536
Only nerds commit suicide?

aw crap, my time is nearly up

i want to be buried with all my tolkien books.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Iv been threw some harsh stuff in my life, at the age of 15 I lost my leg and in the hospital I died due to massive blood loss. They brought me back to life. I never have I wanted to hurt myself in any way.
I missed out on a lot of stuff girlfriends, drinking in the woods, 2 years of school. I got to make it all up in time. I knew that death wasn't the answer and I still have a hell of a time walking. I have good days and bad (a lot of bad) but that doesn't mean I'm gonna go kill myself I respect life its a great thing.
I guess people cant handle life and its sad.
Quote by nine01n

its always those faulty automatic thoughts (kudos to anyone who gets that)
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Unless stated in a suicide note, friends and relatives will never know why someone does such a thing.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
That's sad. Suicide is such a tragedy. It saddens me a lot, sometimes, people think there no way out, because they don't TALK about their problems.

Talking is the key.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
probably a steroid induced bout of depression. Perfectly happy people don't just suicide.

And you probably get this a lot, but i'm really sorry, dive bomb.

I gotta say though, I'd rather have my arms than my legs, so count yourself lucky that you can still play guitar.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
It's actually common that a person who commits suicide will never show any symptoms.

Likewise, it's common that a person who flaunts the symptoms never commits suicide and is just looking for attention.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Did he kill himself in the school bathroom or his own/another place?

I generally don't talk about these things, not for fear or embarassment or anything, but just because I think I have a firm enough grasp on the thing. I don't mean I know why, I just know that it occurs, and that those occurences aren't good things. It's just depressing.

Not to be an ass, but the only time I'd even toy with the idea of suicide is if my death meant a) the benefit of many other lives, b) the keeping of certain information secretive (referring sometimes to a), and only if the cause was worth dying for.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by woodenbandman
probably a steroid induced bout of depression. Perfectly happy people don't just suicide.

And you probably get this a lot, but i'm really sorry, dive bomb.

I gotta say though, I'd rather have my arms than my legs, so count yourself lucky that you can still play guitar.

oh no Sh*t im happy to be here
I rock out everyday
No offense to the dead but if he was a monster athlete as you say it is possible he took steroids. Steroids are known to cause depression.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!