the other day my bud was asking me if i could hold a lighter under my guitar callus and not feel pain, and i realized that i chew the hell out of my callus, and that it needs to stop. any ideas on methods to keep me from doing it? i don't wanna walk around with band-aids, and i know some people will say "Just stop." but i really cant
go to a chemist and ask for something to make you stop biting your fingernails, then put this stuff on your callus's. basically, it just makes it taste terrible.

it works but you wont be able to eat with your fingers coz anything you touch will taste terrible
Quote by kenan6346
go to a chemist and ask for something to make you stop biting your fingernails, then put this stuff on your callus's. basically, it just makes it taste terrible.

it works but you wont be able to eat with your fingers coz anything you touch will taste terrible

yeah, there's this crap you can buy at a pharmacy that does pretty much what's described there. I tried it and it honestly tasted horrible.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
I do the same thing but when I'm really keen on stopping, I slap myself when I bite.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
When you feel the urge to chew just get up and do something, anything else even if all you do is pick up dirty laundry and put it away or something, eventually the urge will pass.

EDIT: Chew the dirty laundry.
Quote by Slut
Nobody likes you and your opinion on life does not matter. Also your sister is pregnant with my child.
i agree with whoever said get the nasty stuff from the chemist. my parents used it on me when i was 3 to get me to quit sucking my thumb and i stopped in less then a week
stick your finger in your bum.

bet you won't bite your callus after that.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?